Senior Operations Manager (SOM002)
Our Carphone Warehouse team are currently in search of a Senior Operations Manager, accountable for the definition and delivery of the Assisted Sales in-year and future strategic plan.
You will work with the Assisted Sales Director and wider stakeholder teams to agree business priorities and opportunities, and develop this into a strategic roadmap and delivery plan.
The Senior Operations Manager will also lead and manage stakeholder engagement, team roles and responsibilities, governance and procedures, budget and benefits management, and will specifically be accountable for Commercial Optimisation and governing the continued customer journey hierarchy.
- Support the Assisted Sales Director by defining overall team focus and prioritisation; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising results
- Lead Commercial Optimisation workstream: defines overall approach and engagement plan, roles and responsibilities; manages team to time, quality and cost; leads stakeholder engagement to land and sustain change
- Own the end to end customer journey hierarchy: assesses new demands on Colleagues to understand impacts on capacity, understanding and commercial delivery.
- Lead plan and approach to respond to new asks, and mobilises and engages relevant team members to progress delivery (e.g Assisted Sales Product Managers, Delivery Excellence, Capability and Engagement, Comms)
- Develop strategic plan by studying opportunities; engaging with relevant teams and third parties; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives
- Lead and manage team and inter-department meetings to drive accountability and results. Includes representing Assisted Sales in wider CPW strategic meetings e.g Commercial quarterly planning, to ensure the assisted sale and Colleague delivery is considered in all delivery and commercial initiatives
You Will Have:
- Proficient leadership, organisational and supervisory skills
- Proven ability to own and manage senior and dependant stakeholder relationships to drive accountability and results
- Experience in embedding business procedures
- Excellent project management and delivery skills
- Strong training and presentation skills
- Understanding in creating and managing financial budgets
- Thorough knowledge of the current product design, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats and ambitions
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.