Chief Engineer needed for my client, a leading electronic engineering company. They provide a variety of electronic products for military applications including naval sonar and combat management systems, gun fire control systems and weapon interfacing electronics. I am looking for a Chief Engineer with experience in Sonar design.
The successful Chief Engineer with sonar experience will want to work for this client, not just because this is a fantastic opportunity. They also offer a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary and progression based on merit
* 25 days holiday in addition to Bank Holidays
* Bonus Scheme based on company profits / cash targets
* Group Flexible Retirement Plan
* Life Assurance
* Flexible start/finish times
* Employee support helpline
* Sports and social clubs
* Flexible Select Benefits (choose from an extra list of benefits to personalise for yourself).
What the role entails
Some of the main duties of the Chief Engineer will include:
* Capability planning and development of roadmaps to ensure that the Capability Area meets the relevant strategic objectives.
* Identifying competitive and technical threats to the successful realisation of the strategy and mitigate these where possible within the Capability Area.
* Engineering aspects of bids and proposals within the Capability Area.
* Identifying opportunities for, and securing external R&D funding to develop the Capability Area's product portfolio and ensure that business objectives are satisfied.
* Performing a System Design Authority role on nominated projects.
* Providing coaching and mentoring to allocated engineers, to develop engineering competence within the business.
What you need to be the successful Chief Engineer:
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering best practices and common pitfalls.
- Broad knowledge of Systems Engineering methodologies, processes and tools
- Working knowledge / appreciation of software electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
- Knowledge of fundamental commercial and financial issues.
- Knowledge of Naval Sonar domain
- Demonstrable experience of electronic system design/development preferably in the Defence Naval/Marine Domain.
- Familiarity with the whole system/product lifecycle.
- Experience of writing proposals
- System Design Authority experience
- Experienced in writing and managing requirements
- Experience of system design development
- Experience of leading design reviews
- Knowledge of Naval Sonar Design and/or Acoustic
- Knowledge of the operational and organisation structure of the UK MOD
- Experience of developing technology road maps
- Experience in leading low Technology Readiness Level (TRL) studies
- Experienced in developing verification / validation / acceptance plans and procedures.
The successful Chief Engineer must have security (SC) clearance as a minimum (must only hold a British passport).
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Chief Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77665939