2nd/3rd Line Support Engineer
23Technology currently have a vacancy for a 2nd/3rd Line Support Engineer to join our expanding IT support and cloud consultancy business. Based in Chineham, near Basingstoke, we are a Centerprise International Group IT services company offering employees scope to develop and participate in a wide variety of projects. We are looking to add a new member to the team who is passionate about IT support, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, a clear focus on high quality, delivering on time and budget.
We provide outsourced technical support to around 2,000 users in the manufacturing and professional services sectors as well as NHS Trusts, Schools and NGOs. As a technical expert for many of our clients, you must be a good face-to-face and telephone communicator and be able to build an instant rapport with both clients and colleagues. You will have certification with one or more of our partners: Citrix, Microsoft, VMware. Working knowledge of the following technologies would be viewed upon favourably ? Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Office365 and Google Apps. Analytical and problem solving skills are a must and you should demonstrate a track record in client-facing project delivery and technical support.
As a 2nd/3rd Line Support Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Leading on-site delivery of new infrastructure provision and upgrades as well as ongoing support and troubleshooting.
- Resolution of reactive and proactively raised issues with customer infrastructures and end-point devices; including, but not limited to, functionality, performance, capacity and stability.
- Planning and undertaking of scheduled work packages for routine, preventative maintenance and new initiatives.
- Adherence of change control and release procedures in-line with client expectations.
- Maintaining knowledge base and configuration documentation into CMDB to improve the overall effectiveness of 1st Line staff.
- Development of scripts and automation tools to improve effectiveness of both 1st Line staff and self-service capabilities for our customers.
- Daily task management and updates in service management database.
The 2nd/3rd Line Support Engineer is a hands-on role with the majority of tasks undertaken at clients? premises. Therefore, a full clean driving license is a must as is access to your own vehicle. When not at clients, you will be based in our Basingstoke office to resolve client issues using our remote monitoring and management system and IT service management platform.
23Technology have helped over 10,000 users move from legacy PCs and laptops to a more responsive, flexible and secure cloud-based or virtualised desktop environment. This is the next stage of IT support and development, so the 2nd/3rd Line Support Engineer should demonstrate knowledge in the fields of mobile and cloud infrastructure or programs. For some of our cloud migration projects, you will be the key engineer. Throughout the migration process, you will provide advice and guidance to clients on site with regard to trouble shooting and operation of their new desktop, equipment and software. You must also possess excellent written skills to produce clear and concise documentation for knowledge base articles and service documentation.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and 23 days holiday per year. We are committed to the development of our employees and, as such, we will support you in attending regular training to develop the knowledge required for your job role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959553265