IT Technical Apprentice
Agile working within a relaxed, sociable and professional working environment. The technology agenda for Legal & General is simple; to be at the technology forefront of their service sector which will be one of their key sector differentiators.
Do you fit?
Can you balance copious amounts of serious and fun? Do you have a good sense of humor? Self-driven to achieve exceptional attention to detail? Experience of working with IT or have IT qualifications and are looking for an opportunity to develop into an IT professional? Are you a good relationship builder, as you will need to develop relationships with both internal and external stakeholders?
Currently seeking a self-driven individual for an IT Technician apprenticeship position within a dynamic and agile working environment, within Legal & General's central IT function.
We are looking for an individual who has a desire to learn and contribute within the central IT team - where full training, support and development will be given leading to formal qualification. By the end, you will be able to competently perform the role outlined in the accountabilities below.
- The apprentice will assist in the delivery of IT services to Legal & General by working with the strategic IT partners to ensure that IT services are delivered and managed in accordance with best practice
- The role holder will offer support to the strategic partners to ensure that IT services are not placed at risk and service is maintained
- Undertake proactive analysis of re-occurring issues to help identify trends and look to resolve long term root causes
- Provide sound technical support in the case of major incidents including tracking service improvements activities through to completion
- Provide support to the change process and actively monitor and assess the impact of change
- Proactively monitor and seek out areas of IT risk with the use of tools and data analysis
- Provide support to the governance processes to ensure that an appropriate quality of service is delivered and undertake escalation where required
- Ensure service targets and metrics are monitored/reviewed and updated as appropriate to meet the Business needs
- Build effective working relationships with the Managed Service Providers, the wider SSIT team and internal Business Stakeholders, to encourage an open and trusting relationship where information is freely exchanged
- Adaptive personality with the ability to cope with rapid and varied changes in priorities
- Ability to research and problem solve
- Willingness and aptitude to learning new skills
- Ability to work to deadline and be delivery focused
- Able to demonstrate pro-activity and self-motivating
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- 3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject
- And GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
- ITIL Foundation desirable
9am-5pm, Monday-Friday - flexible
20k per annum, plus benefits
Operate Agile; remote working
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959554234