Software Development Engineer in Test
The online travel market never stands still. Expedia Affiliate Network is like a start-up inside one of the largest online travel companies in the world. We create the technology that helps millions of travellers find the perfect hotels for their next trips. The largest and fastest-growing global affiliate network ($3 billion in sales and counting), we work with over 10,000 partners in 33 countries to turn their web traffic into hotel bookings and happy customers.
We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
Why build your career at EAN?
We're re-inventing online travel, one day at a time - it's an exciting challenge. We're super-motivated and setting the pace.
We've got the scope and the freedom to make a difference. Ordinary is not something we do.
We collaborate with some really smart partners - from search marketing whiz kids to leading airlines and travel agents.
We're a team of passionate, hard-working travel enthusiasts. We just love what we do.
We define the questions, not the answers, for an industry that changes every day. Isn't that cool?
We love open source and actively participate in the open source community
We want everyone on our team to have the tools and resources to succeed in their career
We get to do all of this in a really nice office in central London.
What we're looking for in you:
We want you to come with passion, creativity, deep expertise, openness, flexibility and drive. Practicality and common sense are important to us.
You will be focused on moving the business forward. We don't just build software for its own sake (notwithstanding deep appreciation for the craft). We build it to help our customers find the right hotel, every time.
You will have a keen interest in the business, not just any given technical problem. You will seek to understand the big picture and how your work fits into it.
We are looking for you to get excited about big, hairy technical problems like we do.
We live, eat, and breathe travel powered by technology. We work hard and play hard. We're never satisfied. We celebrate success and learn when we sometimes fall short.
- Work as part of cross functional team (Scrum, QA, DB, Information Security, Release engineers and Product Owners) to define acceptance criteria for product features as well as systems' interfaces and their interaction
- Work with other engineers to understand systems' architecture and design the best automation tools for integration and acceptance testing
- Design and implement automated test suites for distributed systems covering entire application stacks, with an eye for performance
- Work with NOC and Infrastructure Support teams to investigate production issues
- Provide input into platform architecture to facilitate testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
Skills and Experience:
- Defining test strategies and approaches
- Use of test design techniques (e.g. boundary analysis, equivalence partitioning, decision tables and state transition)
- Ability to write automated tests in Java
- Common test automation design patterns (e.g. PageObjectModel)
- SQL and experience with some common Database systems (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Popular foundational testing frameworks (e.g. TestNG, JUnit, Mockito)
- Unix/Linux environment usage
- REST Web Services and HTTP
- Agile development methodologies, preferably Scrum
- Automated build and continuous integration (Chef, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Test Driven and Behavior Driven development practices and tools/frameworks (e.g. Spock, Cucumber, JBehave, RESTAssured.)
- Java Web Application containers (Dropwizard, Tomcat, etc.)
- Exposure to cloud (AWS, etc.) and/or parallel (Hadoop MR, etc.) computing
- Java data access with both JDBC/SQL and ORM (Hibernate, etc.)
- Exposure to messaging technologies (Rabbit, Flume, Kafka etc)
- Exposure to distributed caches (EHCache, Reddis, etc.)
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77669017