Geography Teacher, January Start until July 2018, Full time, Leicester City Centre.
An Ofsted rated 'Good' school located within the Leicester City LEA with a diverse community of over 1000 students aged 11 - 16 years. This is a thriving school who are setting the level for its surrounding schools, having attained the highest Progress 8 measure in Leicester in 2017. The school work in close partnership with its local schools, community and sports organisations to ensure the best opportunities are available to their students.
For this role you will need to be able to teach Geography up to KS4 and be able to demonstrate strong subject knowledge. It is a full-timetable position, which will include full teaching responsibilities such as planning & marking, parents evenings etc. The Humanities department within the school are very supportive, outlining clear expectations of each team member with a sufficient amount of support to gain the best results possible.
What you'll need to succeed
- Attain relevant qualifications such as PGCE, B.Ed., CertEd.
- Qualified Teaching Status.
- Experience teaching Geography up to KS4.
- NQT's considered.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Possess a DBS on the update service, or be happy to process one.
Perks of the placement
- Competitive day rates
- Flexible days suited to your availability
- A personal Hays consultant offering advice and guidance during your placement
- Refer a Friend scheme - qualify £250 vouchers every time you recommend a teacher
- Free Child Protection and Safeguarding training
- Recognised holder of the DfE Quality Mark
What you need to do now If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call James Jarvis on (0116) 253 2389
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77671143