Menswear Designer - London
Our client is an established supplier, looking to recruit an experienced Menswear Designer to be responsible for Outerwear design. Creating ranges for UK and International retailers, with the advantage of having own manufacturing resources.
Menswear Designer – Outerwear – The Job Role
- To oversee the design and development of men’s outerwear, jackets and coats
- To identify and design ‘must have’ garments for the latest menswear Fashion Forward Seasonal ranges to present to the Customers
- Research the latest design ideas and trends market for shape, styling features and fabrications, researching the high street, Catwalk/Designer Brands & Internet and social media and competitor market continuously
- Produce comp. shop reports
- Predict the latest & next Seasonal trends and ideas, formulating Mood Boards, Design Boards & Colour Trend boards
- Sourcing fabrics, designs and trims by attending fabric fairs, mill visits and meetings with fabric agents
- Create sketches, action samples through sample management system, liaising with overseas factories to ensure samples are delivered to a high level
- Maintain and update critical path spreadsheet to ensure all sampling deadlines are met
- As well as design garments also produce artwork, graphics, print designs and branding as required
Menswear Designer – Person Specification
- Previous experience in men’s outerwear design is essential. Ideally, minimum of 3years design experience, working in a fast paced supplier environment
- Highly competent Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator skills
- Be design passionate and highly motivated
- Have a strong eye for Trend & Design
- Good knowledge of working with different fabrics & qualities
- Able to work in a busy and demanding environment, able to manage and priorities workloads
- Confident communicator and presentation skills
- Able to use Microsoft packages to compile spreadsheets and good with admin work
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to –
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77670728