BrightStart Higher Apprenticeship – Consulting – Strategy & Operations
Don’t want to go to university? You don’t have to anymore; the choice should be yours, and your future equally brilliant.
Our Apprentices are here to kick-start their careers, as well as gain on-the-job experience. You’ll work right alongside your more experienced colleagues and be treated with the same respect from day one. But you’ll also get extra time and support to help you gain your professional qualifications.
Your experience here will leave you with skills you’ll rely on throughout your entire career, wherever you decide to take them. As part of the BrightStart Higher Apprentice community we offer the chance to start a career with a firm of problem solvers - the best minds in the industry – with guidance from inspirational and supportive senior managers and every opportunity to grow and progress. From the start you will have a permanent job – our people are often described as the firm’s greatest asset.The Opportunity
Our Strategy & Operations team enjoys an unrivalled position in the market, combining the scale and strength of a global professional services firm, with the cutting edge nature of a boutique. We help all kinds of organisations make the most important decisions our clients have to make: defining choices that will shape their ambitions and give them clear competitive advantages.
Whether you’re in our consulting team, advising on a specific sector, or working with our strategy experts, you’ll be creating big ideas that help clients succeed. You’ll be advising some of the largest organisations in the world. And will need to articulate your ingeniously effective solutions and valuable insights at the highest level.
- Monitor Deloitte – Strategy: Our strategy practice takes a 21st-century approach that, combined with our deep industry experience, means we collaborate with our clients to create executable strategies. Because we can see strategy through to implementation, we increase our impact as a result. It’s an approach that can help organisations move more quickly and pragmatically to take advantage of new opportunities, while helping to mitigate risks along the way.
- Finance: Our Finance Consulting team is recognised as the best in the UK. We support Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) to manage their finance functions effectively and to support the wider business. We advise CFOs on the creation of strategies and capabilities to improve enterprise-wide decision-making, finance function design and operations.
- Operations: Our Operations practice helps clients implement their corporate strategy and accomplish their business objectives. Using our deep sector and technical expertise, we transform our clients’ core business and operations, helping them to prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda, and maximise operational efficiency. We bring the breadth and depth of Deloitte’s capabilities to our clients, delivering real value by designing and running impactful transformation programmes.
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
- ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships.
- Take on more intellectually challenging work, while technology takes care of the repetitive manual tasks. We’re using automation and cognitive technology to free up our people for more analytical work, and to provide a higher quality audit.
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Provide clear, concise, well-informed perspectives on the important dynamics that are currently reshaping business environments
- Help drive major operational change and resolve the most fundamental issues affecting businesses today
- Provide strategic and tactical supply chain advice
- Design and implement Enterprise Model Design
- Advise on how to simplify processes, reduce operating costs and improve service delivery
- Help Chief Financial Officers execute their financial strategies, meet objectives and transform the efficiency of financial processes
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Delivery Excellence: Ability to team with others to produce a high quality work product to ensure a superior client experience
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving: Ability to collect, assimilate and analyse relevant data and use standard processes and tools to help surface and support solutions
- Financial Acumen: Ability to apply basic financial concepts to client and Deloitte business models • Executive Presence: Ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude and adapt to changing priorities to instil confidence in team
- Logical Structuring: Ability to use and apply frameworks to organize concepts, identify gaps, and communicate ideas clearly
- Global Mind-set: Ability to value and consider the diverse perspectives and backgrounds of colleagues and clients
- Business-Technology Acumen: Ability to apply technology fundamentals to client situations • Access the Organization: Ability to find and leverage a diverse set of resources and share findings with others
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.