Development Engineers - Derby
We have a requirement for 3 Development Engineers based in Derby for a company responsible for specifying the engine build, instrumentation and testing requirements for new gas turbines, being run on test beds in Derby and around the world. They manage the certification and demonstration of airworthiness of them with technical analysis, engine tests and flight testing.
The Development Engineers will devise timely and effective test programmes to identify deficiencies in component and system performance/design. They then propose innovative solutions and initiate design activity where appropriate.
Your Responsibilities will be:
- Producing modification approval and certification reports that demonstrate compliance to the aircraft manufacturer and regulatory authorities.
- The technical build, strip and inspection of test engines and devising and directing engine and rig tests to ensure project objectives are met.
- Evaluating the performance of components by analysis of test data and inspection of post-test strip condition of parts.
- Communicating with all levels of the OEM customer and with external bodies as required, e.g. EASA/FAA, airline customers and airframe manufacturers.
- To report on technical investigations and expedite the resolution of engine-related
Your professional experience and qualifications:
- Degree qualified in an engineering or related discipline or equivalent.
- Computer literate in MS Office applications.
- Previous experience in the aero engine, aerospace or manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Good technical and system understanding of turbomachinery would be advantageous.
- Project management skills would also be appreciated.
- Negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye at or call 01384446192.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77666943