Credit Control Supervisor
The Credit Control Supervisor reports to the Credit Control Manager and is responsible for the consistent application of the credit policy and periodic reviews of the sales ledger.
Finance plays an important role in delivering support to the business and the implementation of controls and procedures and the diversity of WYG is reflected in this role with the main responsibilities including;
- Maximise cash flow and minimise the risk of bad debt on the sales ledger.
- Manage and motivate a team of credit controllers in a professional manner.
- Maintain debtor days within the agreed KPI targets.
- Ensuring that all month end processes are completed correctly to agreed deadlines.
- Provide ongoing training and development of staff.
- Work closely with front office finance to drive invoicing and maximise cash flow - exploiting all possible avenues to maximise invoicing to meet client payment terms.
- Approving and perpetual monitoring of customer credit limits, raising concerns to key staff.
- Work closely with Project Directors / Project Managers to minimise and resolve aged and/or disputed debt.
- Liaise with the internal and external legal departments.
- Involvement with collecting unpaid debt in the courts. England, Northern Ireland and Scotland.
- Ensure that the cash is posted accurately to the sales ledger and that the client accounts are maintained and accurate and free of miscellaneous items.
In order to be considered for the post, candidates should have the following;
- ACIM qualified of actively working towards.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Experience of granting credit with a sound knowledge of accounting, reading balance sheets and credit reports.
- Sound knowledge of UK (including Northern Ireland) legal processes in relation to contract law and debt collection within the relevant courts.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Ability to motivate a team.
- Have an excellent commercial awareness.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent work ethic with the ability to work to strict deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- A flexible approach and attitude to meet the peak demands of the business.
- Represent the company and the department at client meetings and able to operate in a professional manner at all times, and in line with business practice and policy.
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through three interconnected business streams:
- WYG Advisory is a proactive management consultancy designed to help identify opportunities for our clients, support their decision-making processes and deliver effective programmes.
- WYG Consulting assembles specialist teams to offer high value services to the markets in which we operate.
- WYG International Development works to optimise the value and impact of donor funded projects in collaboration with our partners and other stakeholders. It aims to improve socio-economic stability, enhance infrastructure and unlock the potential for sustainable development.
WYG plc?s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
In return for your dedication, you?ll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday. You?ll also benefit from great training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959550309