Retail Fleet Assistant
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for a Fleet Assistant to join the team based in Watford. Joining on a full time contract basis to cover maternity leave, you will receive a salary of £25,000 per annum.
They are the largest wine specialist in the UK with over 200 stores, as well as a very significant online presence, and megastores in France.
Following the merger between groups, they have set the wheels in motion of transforming the business into a new kind of retailer – a retailer that is loved by customers, loved by suppliers and loved by shareholders.
This transformation is brought to life by their talented team at the Support Centre, Watford, which houses all departments working behind the scenes such as People, Customer, IT, Transformation, Finance and Supply Chain. The Fleet Assistant position is a key role within the Retail Operations team, reporting into the Fleet Manager. You will have previous experience in fleet management, as there are numerous responsibilities in this role that would require you to hit the ground running from day one.
Job responsibilities of the Fleet Assistant:
- To help manage the budget and all costs for a fleet of approx. 300 vehicles
- Support all company drivers when vehicles are off the road, both for routine maintenance and damage repairs
- To maintain good relationships with all suppliers
- To facilitate all administration to include penalty charge notices, fuel cards, driving licence checks
- Arrange hire vehicles as necessary
- Arrange driver training sessions where required
- To make arrangements for the delivery of new vehicles and defleet those at the end of contract
- To be involved in all special projects, including telematics
Personal Characteristics required by the Fleet Assistant:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, whilst working with your team and also independently.
- Previous experience in fleet management and the coordination of a fleet of vehicles.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
- An ability to strive towards continuous improvement and seek out more efficient ways of working.
- A good eye and attention to detail.
- Empathetic and flexible in style. Able to accommodate different styles and attitudes from the various parts of the business and adjust their approach accordingly.
- Self-reliant, independent and able to multi-task; the ability to plan and prioritise your workload is essential for this role.
- Calm under pressure and in emergencies
If you are passionate about retail and wine, then please click apply now to upload your CV and covering letter, highlighting your relevant experience and why you are the right candidate for the Fleet Assistant.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77622224