Multi Skilled Engineer
We are recruiting for a Multi Skilled Engineer to work days for our client in Bradford.
As a Multi Skilled Engineer you will be required to work on the following shift pattern 4 on, 4 off 7am - 7pm, Monday to Sunday.
The pay is £30,576.00 (plus shift of 21.5 % at £6,573.84) per annum.
- To ensure the effective performance of all mechanical systems in Mixing and Filling.
- The main activities / action needed to carry out the job
Produce T-cards and use CMMS (Piranha) for all jobs to be planned/carried out on the assigned equipment.
- Properly record all parts used for maintenance and repair, booking out against line / equipment.
- Carry out line changeover activities in conjunction with production colleagues, including contribution to SMED programmes and other lean activities.
- Carry out all required repairs and or diagnostics in Mixing, covering the associated system, and all pumps, valves, vessels and pipe work etc.
- Ensures safe working and ensures that their working environment is kept tidy, complies with all relevant HSE Legislation ie Electricity at Work Regulations and BS 7571.
- The key end results by which achievement will be measured
- Target to improve line efficiencies by 1% per quarter, over and above the budgeted 65%.
- Defects arising from engineering faults to be continuously reduced by a 2% target quarter on quarter.
- Maintenance: at least >90% adherence to machine maintenance schedules.
100 year fix and elimination of “quick/temporary fix” approach to engineering.
- Unplanned downtime levels to be recorded and reduced.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained to meet audit measurement standards using planned inspections of: Production lines, Plant, Workstations, Toolboxes.
- Compliance to all risk assessments (COSHH, PUWER, EAWR, and BS7671 Regulations) and that all other engineering regulations are adhered to.
- Relevant and Quantifiable Measures - (Relevant facts/figures relating to the job including number of direct reports, budgets
- Responsible for OEE and reliability of equipment in Filling and Mixing.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment so as to provide safe and efficient working for fellow crew members.
- Shift patterns working, in conjunction with other shift colleagues.
Education and Experience:
Time served Apprentice trained in Electrical Engineering ideally to HNC/NVQ level 3 or City and Multi skilled with proven electrical/ mechanical competency.
Continuous improvement and root cause analysis skills, TPM and “World Class”.
- Welding and machine shop skills desirable but not essential.
- Proven problem solving and diagnostic skills and Root cause analysis tools.
- Literate and numerate (GCSE level English and Maths or equivalent desirable).
Ability to interpret documentation in English Language.
- Experience in food FMCG or equivalent process industry.
Familiar with packaging lines, drives, conveyors, rotating machinery, pumping equipment and valves.
- Familiar with pneumatically and hydraulically controlled systems.
- Competent in safe working procedures.
- Knowledge of suitable continuous improvement processes and skills application.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77666178