SQL Database Administrator
SQL Database Administrator
Location: Bournemouth, Dorset
Salary: £35,000 -£40,000 DOE
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Digital Trip are an award winning, innovative and modern company who build and maintain travel websites across multiple devices. We offer a highly sophisticated but user friendly platform that allows even the most tech phobia people to learn and be able to use our system.
As an industry leader, we are constantly coming up with new ideas and technology ensuring our team are the first port of call and ensuring that we continue to surpass our client's expectations. Pair that with our team who are all passionate about the company and what we offer, and there is a real winning family feel here.
We are a fun and laid back office offering a stimulating role that is extremely rewarding for the right candidate.
We currently have an exciting role for an experienced SQLDatabase Administrator to join our expert Development Team to help take our award-winning CMS and Travel booking Systems forward.
This role is a demanding one, but will be hugely rewarding for the right candidate.
The DBA will be responsible for maintaining the company's database systems (currently MS SQL Server) including back-up, performance tuning, capacity planning, monitoring critical events and documentation.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience
- Commercial experience in administering Microsoft SQL server databases (SQL Server 2012 or above)
- Extensive experience writing T-SQL and stored procedures and query tuning on high-transaction systems
- Experienced in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, database architecture and SQL/T-SQL
- Proficient with SQL server profiler for monitoring and troubleshooting database activity and performance
- Ability to develop procedure documents and maintain detailed database related documents
- Innovative approach to work, constantly looking for upgrading the system to more efficient and effective new technologies
Our moto is if our staff are happy, then so are our customers, so working for Digital Trip comes with many benefits you can choose from, of which we have listed a few below, but these are always being updated:
- Competitive basic salary
- Annual salary review
- Up to 25* days a year holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Flexi-time (subject to completion of training)
- Access to Perkbox e.g. high street discounts, cycle to work scheme etc. (after 6 months)
- Buy & Sell Holiday Scheme (after 12 months)
- Get your birthday as a paid day off (after 12months)
- Childcare Vouchers (after 12 months)
- Private Medical Insurance or £500 towards Gym Membership (after 24 months)
- £300 towards a training program or course of your choice (after 24 months)
- Free access to online training platform Lynda - covering multiple subjects including hobbies.
- Regular Team Incentives
- Excellent Training Program to help increase your knowledge and skillset
To be considerate for this role, please submit your CV in the first instance.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77671385