IT Infrastructure Engineer
Our client is a charitable led business with the largest mixed youth organisation of more than 450,000 members in the UK and more across the world. Their innovative spirit and ability to make things happen plays a vital role in the development of young people everywhere.
They are currently looking for an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer for their fantastic site in Chingford, London. This is a full time role with contracted hours of 35 per week and permanent. Reporting into the Information Service Manager our IT Infrastructure Engineer will act as technical lead for the IT support function including management of budgets, external contracts including suppliers, clients, volunteers, hardware and software vendors as well as the internal team. There will be a limited amount of travel involved with the role but majority of time will be spent in head office managing their technology stack.
Responsibilities – IT Infrastructure Engineer
- Plan future development of the infrastructure architecture to meet brand goals and strategies
- Plan, install, configure, support and optimise all telecommunications and data communications services
- Define SLAs, ensure end user expectations are met or exceeded and effectively monitor and control delivery of infrastructure services
- Identify opportunities and manage projects to deliver new and enhanced services and solutions
- Own key supplier relationships and ensure they deliver to required timescales, quality levels and agreed SLA’s
- Capacity planning including supplier management to resolve any projected delivery bottlenecks.
- Create and implement robust security standards ensuring systems are secure from intrusion and disaster recovery plans are in place for key business critical applications and services.
- Support and develop colleagues and IT capability across the brand encouraging engagement
- Server, application and data backup with regular test restores and disaster recovery planning and testing
- Maintain hardware, software and license asset management register; configure routers, switches, wireless access points and maintain documentation library of all infrastructure components
- Create and implement technology standards and procedures so technology does not become a constraint on the business
- Produce management reports detailing trends and the effectiveness of the infrastructure service and capacity
Required Skills – IT Infrastructure Engineer
- Significant related experience gained from a fast moving project led role, a background in retail, leisure or hospitality IT is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, problem solving, presentation and communication skills
- Able to work under pressure, to time constraints with self motivation and organisation skills
- Can do attitude with management or lead experience of heading up and inspiring small teams
- Experienced in supplier management and negotiations
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of MCITP or equivalent working knowledge of Amazon and Azure Configuration Management, Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/8 and Microsoft System Centre.
- Knowledge and understanding of Office 2010/13 and SQL Server 2008/2012, Exchange 2010/2013, Active Directory, Virtualisation – VMware and Hyper-V, Networking – HP Procurve, Watchguard Firewall and Swyx VOIP System, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Ethernet, VPN, TCP/IP, WAN, LAN, VLAN and Configuration Manager
Our IT Infrastructure Engineer role offers the chance to be based in a fantastic head office and team and comes with a number of benefits including simply health scheme, pension, life assurance, free on site parking or daily mini bus from Chingford stations and cycle to work scheme. Above anything else it gives the IT Infrastructure Engineer the opportunity to shape their own role and to thrive in an autonomous position with a number of exciting tech opportunities with some major pieces of software. The role could also be an ideal step up position for somebody looking to take on their next career challenge. If you would enjoy being part of our success story then apply now to be considered for the IT Infrastructure Engineer role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77644734