This is an exciting opportunity to join the BI Service Centre working in the BI Testing Team.
Your main objective will be to ensure data that is used by the Society to provide Business Information to colleagues; transferred between internal systems; and transferred between the Society and other bodies - is fit for purpose.
As part of the BI Service Centre you will be working alongside SQL developers as well as colleagues from across the organisation to deliver trusted solutions that meet the Society’s information needs.Package description
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Cover
- 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
- SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
- Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
- Special offers with membership of our Staff Association
- Social club offering generous discounts as well as events and trips away
- Childcare vouchers
- Discounted Simply Health Cash Plan
- Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
- Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
- Eye Tests
- Business Expenses
The role needs someone with aptitude and who is keen to learn, has an eye for detail, and responds well to challenges on a day-to-day basis. Previous knowledge and experience would be desirable, however not essential. Dependent on experience, there will be a responsibility to support and mentor less experienced members of the team.
We are looking for someone who has excellent problem solving skills, is logical, and has a desire to deliver a great service to our stakeholders, whilst looking to develop themselves.Ideal candidate
Our BI Service Centre is a relatively small team which means this role will suit individuals who are creative and like variation and coming up with new solutions to test.
- Conduct analysis of user requirements, designing and developing test solutions
- Carry out system testing and provide guidance and support to UAT testers
- Understanding of manual and automated testing including the use of T-SQL would be highly beneficial
- Develop test solutions following ISEB/ISTQB best practice and departmental and accessibility standards at all times
- Maintain an awareness of system and technology capabilities and limitations, considering testing using alternative technologies where appropriate (e.g. automation)
The package is fully dependent on your experience and full training and development will be provided.
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do.
The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77644317