Front End Developer
- Front End Developer
- £450 per day
- Initial 3 month contract
- Role based in Cambridge
As one of the most revered leaders in their industry, this technology led organisation is widely regarded as one of Britain’s global success stories. This is a fantastic opportunity to join them as a Front End Developer.
We are looking for a highly skilled senior Front-end Developer to support the development of shared library of reusable components for our digital estate. You will need to be proactive, have dynamic approaches to problem solving and creative thinking coupled with an appreciation of the diverse technologies.
You will join a small focused team, but be called upon to support wider engagement, so collaboration and communication are key to success.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Harvesting UI component library needs and testing assumptions.
- Work in a focused scrum team, providing and taking feedback to improve process.
Skills and qualifications:
- Proficient understanding of web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Strong experience of task automation tools such as Gulp, Grunt and/or Webpack.
- Good knowledge of using and implementing TDD (Mocha, Karma or Jasmine)
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, e.g. Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Good understand of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as?Git / Mercurial / SVN
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Experience in using JIRA or similar planning tools for task management and reporting.
- Strong experience with Foundation and/or Bootstrap frameworks.
- Experience working with Rest APIs and/or Web Services
- Experience working with Node.js
- Proficient in Shell/PowerShell scripting.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77678808