Computing & IT Tutor, full-time
Computing & IT Tutor
Full time ? 37 hours per week
Salary - £21,018 to £29,112 per annum
Who are we looking for?
Burton and South Derbyshire College are looking for a course leader to join their computing curriculum department to deliver a range of units across Computing provision Levels 1 to 4.
A degree or equivalent is highly desirable for this role, along with a certificate in education or a willingness to work to achieve this. Also desirable is a comprehensive knowledge of website development and/or software development. Knowledge of computer systems would also be beneficial.
The role of Course Leader will allow the successful candidate to develop innovative resources that stretch and challenge learners, work in partnership with learner mentors to monitor and improve attendance and in turn improve learners qualification and employment outcomes.
This position is also available as a Graduate post - Our Graduate Teacher Training Programme is designed to recruit talented individuals from a wide range of industry and educational backgrounds into FE teaching.
The programme is intended to develop graduates into the role model teachers of tomorrow. Experience of teaching is not necessary, but we will be looking for commitment, drive and enthusiasm to work in this challenging, but rewarding education sector.
In addition to employee benefits of working at the College, Graduates also benefit from the following:
- Starting salary of £18,671 per annum
- 35 days holiday per annum, plus Bank Holidays and College closure days
- Fully funded Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training, with time to study
- Allocated Tutor Mentor for the contract duration
- Great career progression opportunities within the organisation
Why come and work for us?
Burton and South Derbyshire College value our employees and have a number of additional benefits to offer the successful applicant:
- Pension schemes for academic and support staff
- Generous holiday plans
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working policies
- Competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Excellent staff training programme, including two staff development days per year
- BSDC Rewards, offering discounts and cashback at many major retailers
- Outstanding on-site nursery
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff discounts at our fine dining restaurant, The Mulberry and Innovations Hair and Beauty salon
If you feel you have the skills and understanding for this role, we would love to hear from you.
Burton and South Derbyshire College; creating the skills of tomorrow... today!
The College is registered with the Disclosure and Barring Service and the successful applicants for this post will be required to apply for the Disclosure at the enhanced level.
Burton and South Derbyshire College is committed to Equal Opportunities.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon, Tuesday 5 th December 2017 . Please see our Work For Us page on the College website for more information on how to complete the application. Please note late applications and CVs are not acceptable.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959557333