BrightStart Higher Apprenticeship – Tax Consulting – Global Employer Services
Don’t want to go to university? You don’t have to anymore; the choice should be yours, and your future equally brilliant.
Our Apprentices are here to kick-start their careers, as well as gain on-the-job experience. You’ll work right alongside your more experienced colleagues and be treated with the same respect from day one. But you’ll also get extra time and support to help you gain your professional qualifications.
Your experience here will leave you with skills you’ll rely on throughout your entire career, wherever you decide to take them. As part of the BrightStart Higher Apprentice community we offer the chance to start a career with a firm of problem solvers - the best minds in the industry – with guidance from inspirational and supportive senior managers and every opportunity to grow and progress. From the start you will have a permanent job – our people are often described as the firm’s greatest asset.The Opportunity
It’s not just stocks and shares, property portfolios and investments; it’s people that are a company’s greatest asset. It’s our role to help clients maximise the potential of their people. We advise on everything from talent pipelines to organisational restructuring. We guide clients through complex financial and political issues, from the tax implications of immigration on their organisation to advising on group pension policies, actuarial and executive rewards structures.
Moving together. Making tomorrow: as companies grow and become more global in scope, employment issues become more complex. Among the most serious challenges businesses face today is compliance with multifaceted tax laws and labour regulations. Deloitte offers well-rounded plans and program development strategies that can help transform global employment programs in a cost-efficient manner.
- GES Mobility: Our Mobility teams support employers of all sizes to effectively deploy people on a global basis - this support comes in many forms and includes the delivery of all aspects of employee and employer compliance services in both home and host country locations, advisory support such as mobility and tax policy development, implementation and transformation, international social security consulting and immigration services.
- GES Reward: Our Reward teams support employers of all sizes to effectively remunerate and incentivise their people - again this support takes many forms and includes teams dedicated to advising on remuneration strategy, the design and implementation of share schemes, pensions, benefits (such as company cars) etc.
Both parts of the GES practice are market leaders using technology, such as business analytics, and innovation to deliver insight and value to clients.Your professional experience
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
- ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships.
- Take on more intellectually challenging work, while technology takes care of the repetitive manual tasks. We’re using automation and cognitive technology to free up our people for more analytical work, and to provide a higher quality audit.
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, working collaboratively in like-minded teams.
- International Mobility and International human resources including International assignment services
- Compensation and benefits
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Delivery Excellence: Recognizes the key capabilities required to deliver a high quality service experience to the client
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving: Collects, assimilates, and analyses data and uses standard processes and tools to help surface and support solutions in the Tax and Legal business
- Global Mobility: Develops knowledge of service areas and global mobility service delivery model variations across clients and ensures compliance by understanding individual income tax rules
- Reward Skills: Prepares flowcharts, as-is summary reports, and equity incentive plans related to Country-Specific, Cross Border and Global Rewards
- Global Employer Services Technology: Solicits and coordinates client input to determine direction and functionality of (Global Advantage) GA applications - Applies technology knowledge to address client business challenges
- Tax Laws and Rules: Develops knowledge of current tax legislation across the Global Tax and Legal function
- Tax Advisory and Consulting: Researches and prepares draft client reports under the guidance of senior staff
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.