Plumber / Multi-Skilled Engineer
D2 Maintenance is based from our office in Chatham Kent. D2 Maintenance forms part of the overall D2 brand which include, D2 Electrical and D2 Fire and Security. Our work activities take place throughout London and the south of England. we are looking for a qualified, talented Multi-Skilled Engineer to join our team.
You will carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance and Reactive Repairs to client sites in London and surrounding areas. A PDA will be used and works include 2hr, 4hr, same day callout responses. OOH callout rota will be required to be adhered to. A normal working day will be an 8-hour shift from 8:00 am till 16:30pm, Our dedicated helpdesk will support every day activities.
- Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules and industry best practices.
- Identify any defects found to Line Manager and provide parts list and estimated timescale to carry out remedial works.
- Attend site and carry out reactive repairs, installations as instructed by the helpdesk.
- Maintain the professional image of D2 by wearing supplied uniform, ID etc ..
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with all D2 engineers working OOH’s with other trades.
- Ensure the provision of a Safe & Healthy working environment. (ecs, cscs cards required)
To be considered for the Multi-Skilled Engineer position you will be required to have the following knowledge, skills and experience in:
- Plumbing (qualified)
- Lamp changing (skill & experience)
- Carpentry, (skill & experience)
- Painting (skill & experience)
- General building (skill & experience)
- A good basic education is essential, with good written and verbal English and basic mathematical skills. Details of your work description is required with knowledge of items being repaired/replaced.
- Recognised Plumbing Qualification (essential, copy required & in date)
- Recognised Electrical Qualification 17th Edition (desirable)
- Commercial Gas Certificate (desirable)
- Experience in reactive maintenance (Essential, driving in London and management of a van)
- Working to Planned Preventative Maintenance Regimes
- Technical Skill in building services
- Knowledge of lone working requirements
- Experience of general Building Management Systems
- Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service
- Able to work under pressure. (SLA response times)
- Able to make sound decisions when needed
- Physically fit and able to carry tools and components by hand up to 20kg
- Able to work at height in guidance with HSE
- A team player
- Must be flexible regarding working hours, this may mean starting early or having to work late if required. (Pay negotiable if required to carry out early start or late finish)
- Must be available to join a call out rota. (Mandatory)
- UK FULL Driving Licence (Mandatory).
Multi-Skilled Engineer Benefits
- Uniform supplied
- New van provided
- Phone supplied
- Overtime available every week
- PPE, parking, congestion and tolls paid.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77630953