- Maintain existing machinery and equipment across the site by undertaking planned preventative maintenance tasks
- Carry out plant checks and readings on essential equipment.
- Work efficiently to ensure all electrical/mechanical engineering work is completed in a safe manner.
- Conduct continuous monitoring of production lines to identify and implement improvements.
- Carry out machine inspections, conduct relevant repairs or improvements and carry our preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Respond quickly and effectively to breakdowns or other engineering problems
- Accurately complete all documentation required by the business and work closely with the H&S manager
- Maintain stock levels of engineering spares
- Support Engineering Manager
- Post is subject to a 4 on 4 off night shift
What you'll need to succeed
- Have experience in a manufacturing / production / military environment
- Possess strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with production
- Knowledge of 3 Phase processing equipment in a production environment
- Understanding PLC
- Knowledge of HV switch gear
- Be IT literate
- City & Guilds minimum Engineering or Electrical qualification
- Be a fully qualified Electrician with 16th/17th Edition qualification
What you'll get in return
In return a market leading salary plus package
The next step?
Click apply for an immediate call back or contact Adele at Girling Jones for a full detailed brief on the role.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77627645