The Company:An exciting opportunity for an experienced Garment Technologist to join a well established manufacturer and supplier of young ladies fast fashion who also have their own label.
- Carrying out garment fits for both various ladieswear, taking note of required alterations for the desired fit of the garment.
- Communicating fit comments and sample amendments to suppliers and factories in a clear, concise and timely manner, working to the critical path.
- Working out size specifications, issuing tech packs and graded specs to the factory.
- Carrying out quality evaluations to ensure that the bulk production meets required specifications.
- Carrying out checks for bulk production, comparing with approved fits/specs and ensuring that the fit is consistent across the range, making sure that garments meet quality and standards needed.
- Documenting all changes and fit adjustments, comments and measurements systematically.
- Ensuring all technical details/updates are passed over to merchandising so that critical paths can be kept up to date.
- Conducting investigations if bulk is not as per approvals, liaising with suppliers and factories on required changes.
- Processing claims if the bulk is not as per approval/the product is not moving fast/returns are high.
- Ensuring all suppliers follow supplier compliance.
- Reading and providing advice on test reports and the suitability of fabrics.
- Working alongside Designers, Buyers and Merchandisers to improve production efficiency and quality.
- Liaising with suppliers involved in the production process.
- Relevant qualification at degree or equivalent level in fashion and textiles.
- A minimum of 5 years experience within a Garment Technologist position is essential.
- Experience of fitting, grading, pattern adjustments, garment construction and quality standards.
- Adequate experience gained with a retailer or supplier working with a diverse mix of womenswear (knits, wovens, jersey etc).
- Knowledge of production methods.
- Understanding of textile properties.
- Proven ability to convey technical detail clearly.
- Proficient user of Illustrator, Photoshop or any other CAD programs and Microsoft and Excel.
- Exceptional communication, organisation and prioritisation skills.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77626084