Role: Security Engineer
CND are partnering a household British retail brand who are looking to bring on board a Security Engineer responsible for the monitoring and support of their security platforms and tools. This is an opportunity to join a growing team and be an integral part of a Cyber Security function which continually protects the data and systems of a large organisation. This will require an individual who can comfortably work as part of a team in a collaborative environment where self-development is encouraged.
At his company you will work with the latest technologies whilst developing professionally and taking ownership of the Security Engineering function; growing with this team from the ground up.
- Monitor and support their security platforms and tools so they continually protect their data and systems
- Implement enterprise security products across email security, data loss prevention and end-point security products
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective security platform and tooling management
- Work with SOC Analysts in incident investigation
- Use your knowledge of security technologies to recommend the best ways to enhance their defences
- Ensure the availability and continuity of services
- Designing the expansion and replacement of the network
- Implementing network technical design
- Managing the existing infrastructure
- Improving the network by identifying and eliminating Single Points of Failure (SPoFs), adding dynamic fault tolerance and registering risks and providing solutions.
- Fault finding pro actively by auditing sections of the network and applications that interact with and within the network.
· Experience in security engineering and tooling within a large, complex organisation across email security, data loss prevention and end-point security products
· Experience with proactive log reviews, alerting and reporting
· The expertise to configure, manage and support security products and tools, and evaluate new and emerging products
· A sound knowledge of IT security best practice, common attack types and detection / prevention methods.
· Experience working with SIEM tools
· Ability to communicate technical solutions to both technical and non-technical audience