Location: Manchester Science Park, Manchester
Salary: circa. £30,000 p.a.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
IPEC are experts in On-line Partial Discharge (PD) testing of MV and HV plants. Our research and development work has allowed the detection, location and analysis of PD to be economically implemented on a large scale, improving network reliability.
Based in Manchester, IPEC offer turnkey solutions for asset monitoring and testing. Our products range from simple to use instruments for routine spot testing, to sophisticated permanently installed systems.
The DevOps Engineer Role
We are currently recruiting for the position of DevOps Engineer. You will be a key member of the Product Development and Support teams, ensuring that the operation of all IPEC IT is kept running efficiently and effectively. The DevOps role is integral to the smooth running of IPEC with customer data coming to centralised servers from around the world. We strive to ensure our customers are supported as well as their systems.
Key Areas of Responsibility
More specifically the role will involve:
- Maintaining digital systems globally.
- Maintaining in-house servers and SANs.
- Developing solutions for customer’s requirements efficiently.
- Some general office maintenance (Windows clients, VoIP, networking).
The ideal DevOps Engineer will need the following skills:
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to get involved with the development of our products, providing support to both the Manufacturing and Services teams with production and testing of systems as well as commissioning of these. With a global customer base, this can mean travelling around the world to help directly on the installation and commissioning.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a busy customer focused environment. We are looking for someone who is an enthusiastic individual with excellent communications skills and a proven track record. A proactive and energetic person with a desire to contribute collaboratively to the development of the team and the company.
- 2 years’ experience in a DevOps role
- Excellent Linux (Debian) skills – network configuration, package management, Apache, BIND, DHCPD, Open VPN.
- Experience programming in Perl, PHP, bash.
- Version control tools (GIT).
- Experience with administering and programming with PostgresSQL.
- Web APIs (REST, SOAP).
- Windows server/clients.
- Company pension plan
- Share options
- Annual bonus scheme
- Company mobile
- Flexible working and 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
If you feel you’re suitable for this DevOps Engineer role then please apply today!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77633975