Collinson Group is looking for a Senior MySQL DBA to join the team based in its London office in the City.
The ideal candidate will have experience of implement MySQL database best practice and will be looked upon to be a potential future leader in the team.
This role is focused on work as a product MySQL DBA working on a mixture of project work and BAU activity.
We are currently implementing lots of new servers and technology including NoSQL, CouchDB, Couchbase and Mongo – so anyone with an interest in this area will be at an advantage.
·Responsible for all aspects of the databases and being highly focused on maintaining performance, integrity, replication, upgrades, migration and security across the Production databases environment
- To be responsible for monitoring database activity and ensuring that index statistics, database growth/storage, replication, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are in place and functioning correctly.
Team Working and Leadership
- Be an active member of the Database team to contribute to team dynamics, ways of working and assisting with improvement opportunities
- Lead from the front by delivering best practice solutions and assisting with technical development of fellow team members.
- Work as part of the DBA community within the Group to align deliverables, solutions and operations
- In-depth experience of the following technologies:-
- MySQL 5.1 – 5.6MySQL database procedures/triggersMS SQL ServerReplication / High Availability3rd party or open source ETL and BI toolsLinux/Unix scriptingNoSQL/Couch DB/Couchbase/Mongo DB technologies (Desirable)SQL Server 2008 R2 (2012 desirable) including T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS and SSAS (Desirable)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77627668