Moving Lights Technician
An opportunity to work for one of the UK’s leading independent entertainment lighting and rigging providers who specializes in equipment for rock concert touring and theatre, in the UK and globally.
The successful candidate will possess a working knowledge of moving lights. This offers an opportunity to work in a dynamic warehouse based role within a friendly and results driven team.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army) are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and prepare moving lights equipment for hire, including cleaning, lamp checks, testing, software updates, addressing of units and barcode scanning.
- Ensure that all fixtures are prepared with the correct required fixings for the specified job, and to the company standard and in line with health and safety standards
- Undertake repair work on fixtures as and when required.
- Assist in the portable appliance testing (PAT), for all Moving Lights and LED fixtures, to ensure that they are within their test period, so that the relevant test certificates can be produced as and when required.
- Have in depth moving lights/LED product knowledge and to keep abreast of any changes in technology
- Have industry knowledge in respect of suppliers and trends.
- Ability to maintain records and to be able to spot trends in equipment failure.
- A clear understanding of the stock data base and be able to determine what is currently available and what is in repair.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven practical experience in a similar role.
- Ability to take ownership and accountability.
- Autonomy and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Customer focused with a high level of attention to detail.
- Adaptable and results orientated.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Ability to work for paid overtime when required (including weekends).
- Training / certificates in relation to Martin, Clay Paky and Varilite fixtures.
- Fault finding and repairs experience.
- Experience using a stock control system.
Company Benefits Include:
- Free onsite parking.
- Cash Back Health Care
- Private Healthcare provided by Bupa.
- 30 days holiday (inclusive of statutory UK Bank Holidays).
- Pension Scheme
- Discretionary annual company performance bonus.
- Use of the onsite company gym.
- Staff Further Education Scheme.
- Working with exceptional people and the latest technologies.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77650180