1st Line Support IT Engineer Apprentice
We are IT support specialists and have been in operation since 2008.
We support a variety of different businesses including Media & Events, Exhibitions and Conferences, Healthcare, Education, Charities, Financial services and Post Production, to name but a few.
We are constantly striving to improve and are now Cyber Essentials Accredited.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious apprentice to join our IT Support team based in Farnham, Surrey.
You'll have the opportunity to progress and develop your technical skills as an apprentice.
You will need the skills to provide customer facing solutions via telephone/remote support and occasional on site visits.
You will be providing a varied range of technical support to an external customer base predominately based around Microsoft technologies.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients to promote high level of customer service
- Taking IT support calls and logging them in the helpdesk ticketing system
- Monitoring customer's systems and acting on alerts
- Resolution of 1st and 2nd line support issues and requests via telephone, remote support with occasional onsite visits
- Routine systems administration tasks: typical issues will be faults with PC operating systems, software and hardware, backups, printers, internet connectivity routers/firewalls and Windows Server administration
- Building and configuring PCs ready for engineer deployment
- Assisting to build and configure servers for deployment based on current Microsoft technology
- Administration of Microsoft Office 365 tenants
- Configuration of networking devices such as routers, firewall and Wi-Fi access points
- Administration of hardware inventories and software licenses
- Strong team player
- Logical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Ideal candidate would have 1 - 2 years' experience in IT support
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Polite and presentable
- Driver is preferable due to location of office
- B-Tec diploma Level 3 or Apprenticeship Level 3
- A-Level in IT or Computer Science
- Experience working on a helpdesk
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm
- Career progression
- 6 months' pay review
- Pension available
- Curry nights
- Go-karting events
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959534038