Nursery Nurse - Romford RM3
Full time, Permanent Position
Our client's nursery aims to provide a positive start to the children's journey through early learning and development. They strive to create a safe and secure learning environment where children feel nurtured and stimulated from the moment they step through the door. They endeavour to provide all children with a unique environment that will facilitate all of their developmental needs but overall a nursery where the children feel loved, safe and secure.
Purpose of Post
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the Setting;
- To give support to other personnel within the Setting;
- ?To implement the daily routine in the base room.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff;
- To keep a proper record of achievement file on your key children, for parents/carers;
- Work with parents/carers of special needs children to give full integration in the Setting;
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team;
- Liaise with and support parents/carers and other family members
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled;
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring Setting policies and procedures are observed at all times.
As the successful candidate, you will be required to:
- Hold a Level 3 or higher qualification in childcare (NVQ or equivalent) or a childcare degree is desirable
- Have a sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) as well as the OFSTED standards.
- Have previous experience working within a key worker system, carrying out observations, planning and assessments, tracking the children's progress and contributing to their individual 'learning journals'.
- Have a good command of the English language, both spoken and written.
- Hold a current and up to date DBS.
- Have excellent communication skills
Salary is £7.50 per hour
A&C Recruitment Ltd currently specialise in searching and resourcing within the Child care sector.
The business was set up to help our clients avoid high recruitment fees and instead charge affordable one-off payments to undertake the necessary advertising and candidate searches.
If you would like to know more, or are applying for a job through us. Please do not hesitate to contact A&C Recruitment on 01775 729321, quoting Ref AC1547 and ask for Lucy
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77651113