Exciting opportunity to join a fast growing business based in Hitchin
Salary £40,000 - £45,000
The successful candidate will be ensuring that engineering support and expertise are provided to the value stream to optimise and improve process capability and output. This will be done through the application and improvement of manufacturing tools and processes, with all the tasks executed within set timelines
- Drive continuous improvement process in all manufacturing activities in the Value Stream through direct actions and initiative, and also with the support of Kaizen events.
- Provide support for the Value Stream in relation to Problem Solving (DMAIC), using the Crane problem solving tools where appropriate.
- Assist with the development and improvement of Health & Safety practices in the Value Stream for new and existing processes.
- Value Engineering of all product lines in the direct area of responsibility to assist in achieving the required Operating Profit within the Value Stream.
- Assist with plant and process layout for new and existing products and plant launches especially in Cellular layout.
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of fixtures and tooling for new and existing products and processes
- Ensuring that detailed and clear work instructions are produced, so that operators can carry out their duties in line with the company templates.
- Write specifications for manufacturing equipment and make recommendations for equipment procurement.
- Identify requirements for, and proactively drive the implementation of Lean practices throughout the work place.
- To manufacture feasibility analysis (DFA/DFM) and PFMEA on new products as required.
- To ensure that all process and assembly equipment is suitable for purpose and does not introduce any health or safety hazards.
- Support the team leader with the revision and completion of new training record documentation for production personnel
- Supporting the Senior Management Team in driving and developing a lean manufacturing culture by using Kaizen tools, SMED, Six Sigma and Value Stream Mapping.
- Proactively lead and contribute to cost reduction and improvement initiatives, including recommendations for capital expenditure.
- Actively support the culture change towards Continuous Improvement
- Support the development of new products through the structured NPD process.
- Training and development of the team and individuals to achieve departmental flexibility and multi-skilling
- Must hold a HND or Degree in an engineering discipline.
- Ideally have proven experience in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Will have experience and practical exposure to lean manufacturing methodologies
- Experience of automated assembly tools, test equipment, tooling and presses
- Understanding and experience of assembly activities
- Must have knowledge and expereince of basic engineering practice, suppirted by some form of engineering and training e.g apprenticeship and or ONC or similar
- Ability to read Engineering drawings.
- Strong MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Process/Production Planning experience would be an advantage.
- ? Driven to achieve desired outcomes, and seeing projects through from beginning to end.
- ? High level of attention to detail, motivation and tenacity.
- Adaptable, disciplined, ambitious and enthsiastic
- Strategic thinker, with ability to work autonomously using own initiative.
- Effective influencing and persuading skills.
- Good levels of resilience and able to respond well under pressure.
- Good communication and team skills
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to effectively prioritise workload
- Have a confidential and flexible approach to their work and the ability to influence to get great results
- A Passion to achieve
Adherence to Policy, Analytical Thinking, Creativity, Decision-making skills, Facilitation, Innovation (comfort with), Listening, Objectivity, Performance Focus, Quality orientation, safety orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Written Communications
Please send CV's to
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77678711