Principal Town Planner (Belfast)
WYG Planning, one of the Top 5 Planning Consultancies in the UK, is looking for a progressive and versatile Senior to Associate, to join the team based at our office in Belfast.
Within the role of Senior / Principal Planner, you will take a leading role in key projects across a diverse range of sectors and have a client facing focus which will help expand the existing client base further. With proven technical skills, you will apply your knowledge to ensure you deliver projects on time and to budget and effectively respond to what is a changing and diverse market.
Our services cover a variety of areas, including planning, design engineering, environment, project management, urban & landscape design, and socio-economic consultancy.
Our values are at the heart of every project. We are confident in our abilities, authentic in the advice we give, imaginative in our thinking and resourceful in how we turn our ideas into reality. However, most of all, we are a people business, so our success is down to the creativity, technical expertise and client service skills of our people. We aim to stand out as an employer that people want to join. That is why we offer our people real opportunities for learning, career development and rewards.
Providing unrivalled professional and technical advice and intelligence, you will maintain and develop long standing relationships with clients in and across a wide range of sectors. Your workload will involve housing, retail, commercial, enforcement, energy, leisure, waste and public sector planning projects. You will be expected to operate at a competent and professional level with little direct supervision.
The role requires an excellent knowledge of the planning system in Northern Ireland and the ability to process and manage planning applications for all types of developments. This will include the assessment, appraisal and preparation of detailed and technical documents, including impact statements, supporting planning documentation, the negotiation of all aspects of a planning application, and direct liaison with internal and external clients.
You will be involved with Client liaison, Management of relationships with key customers, suppliers and contacts within the business, Estimating, pricing and delivering against work targets. You will champion and promote professional advice, guidance and support across the business, monitor and manage compliance with KPI's and lead Management of projects within time, cost and quality constraints and standards.
- You will be a Senior or Principal Planner, looking for an opportunity to step up to the next level, taking on the challenge of developing the business by expanding the existing client base or, you may already be an Associate, bringing to the role an established client portfolio.
- You must be educated to degree level or equivalent, with sound knowledge and proven experience in the field of Town Planning.
- Joining as Associate, you will begin the path of development with long term progression to becoming a Director.
- You will have been involved in large or complex planning projects for private sector and /or public sector clients.
- We are looking for candidates with enthusiastic and a flexible approach that equips WYG to support diverse teams in line with changing priorities.
- You will be a member of a professional body, such as RTPI or MIPI.
- Have considerable proven experience in delivering solutions across a wide range of town planning projects and a detailed knowledge of Northern Ireland?s planning legislation, policies, guidance and advice;
- Full driving licence
- Planning appeal experience ? preparation of evidence and representation of clients at hearings;
- Experience in planning enforcement cases;
- Experience of Environmental Impact Assessment process and preparation of Environmental Statements;
- Planning Appeals
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through three interconnected business streams:
- WYG Advisory is a proactive management consultancy designed to help identify opportunities for our clients, support their decision-making processes and deliver effective programmes.
- WYG Consulting assembles specialist teams to offer high value services to the markets in which we operate.
- WYG International Development works to optimise the value and impact of donor funded projects in collaboration with our partners and other stakeholders. It aims to improve socio-economic stability, enhance infrastructure and unlock the potential for sustainable development.
WYG plc?s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
In return for your dedication, you?ll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare, additional holiday and travel insurance. You?ll also benefit from a tailored package or professional training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
The WYG flexible benefits scheme was introduced in recognition of the fact that the needs and priorities of each individual differ. WYG ?Flexible Benefits? is a menu of benefit options which allows you to vary your remuneration package to suit your own personal circumstances.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959525509