Planning Officer - Applications Officer
Our Public sector client are currently looking to recruit Planning Officer's to join their team on a permanent basis.
The role is to provide professional expertise to support the Planning function. In particular the determination of all planning applications and other matters covered within the Development Control function.
Day to Day Jobs would entail:
- Analyse and appraise Planning and other applications as assigned in the light of all formal Development Plans, Local Policies and public comment.
- Interpret such material, undertake site inspections, formulate reports and recommendations for the Development Control Manager’s consideration
- Advise, liaise and negotiate with developers, outside bodies, the general public and inter-departmental staff on development proposals to promote and achieve a high standard of development within the Town
- Prepare formal Written Statements resisting appeals against planning decisions
- Investigate breaches of planning control and recommend action to be taken
- Develop and maintain information systems relating to changes in legislation, policies, operating, previous decisions and any other Development Control
The ideal candidate would:
- Have 12-18 Months Development planning/Development control/Planning Applications experience in either the public or private sector.
- Hold a UK driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Demonstrable communication skills able to deal with enquiries and give advice to people
- Able to follow strict deadlines and targets
- Good literacy skills - able to write clear, concise reports
- Demonstrable command of the principles and practices of Town Planning
- Able to attend sites and meetings
If you feel you have the right skills, experience and qualities, please apply straight away!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77658878