Senior Planning Engineer
- Develop fully baselined, resource loaded, labour costed and logic linked project schedules in accordance with Project Management and Planning processes.
- Schedules should contain all agreed activities, deliverables, milestones, client deliverables and should be based on the Work Breakdown Structure.
- Work with Project Managers, Finance Managers and Project team to ensure project schedules are accurately maintained resource loaded and costed.
- Provide regular reports on project status meeting internal reporting requirements.
- Work closely with the client to provide regular reports as per client requirements (and contractual obligations).
- Implement and maintain project monitoring processes, such as KPIs, total float, EV, resource and costing profiles based upon company process guidelines and planning best practice.
- Perform critical path analysis and advise of possible actions and areas of concern.
- Perform analysis and scenario modelling for any potential project change and be able to provide risks, issues, cost, resource and delay analysis.
- Work Closely with Site and Possession Planners to ensure cohesion between these different activities and the main Project Schedule.
- Highlight problem areas and issues and suggest remedial action.
- Provide Earned Value and KPI reports internally and to the client.
- Implement Risk Analysis on project and possession schedules.
- Initiate and maintain close liaison with all members of the Project team, client representatives and the Programme Management Office.
- Leadership of a team of Planning Engineers assigned to the same project(s) as appropriate.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree/ HND/ HNC level or relevant experience.
- Experience in Project Planning, preferably in the Rail industry.
- Experience of working within a Project delivery environment.
- PC literate with experience in the use of Windows packages (Word, Excel, etc).
- Technical expert on Primavera P6 (Advanced User).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Project or appropriate planning tool.
- Self-motivated with sound interpersonal skills coupled with a confident style of behaviour.
- Good attention to detail and good time management.
- Ability to manage other Planners on the same project.
- Good presentational skills.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to provide solutions to issues.
- Strong communication skills when dealing with senior project staff.
- Rail Industry experience.
- Engineering background.
- Project Management experience.
- Team Leadership or Management experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77646537