PR and Media Officer
PR and Media Officer required for large organisation in Fareham, the role is a contract for a minimum of 4 years.
My client is a large Public Sector organisation based in Fareham.
We're looking for a PR and Media Officer with large-scale PR and communications experience. In addition, you will need to have demonstrable ability in generating and managing positive media relations and coverage in the 'easier to reach' and 'harder to reach' audience groups. The key objective is to develop successful and measurable coverage that prompts the population of England and Wales to understand, engage with, and respond to, the census. In order to deliver against these objectives, working closely with the Insight team will be key. Therefore, being able to demonstrate the use of insight, analytics and optimisation that increase reach, coverage and engagement of PR and engagement campaigns will be crucial to this role.
* Work with internal partners to proactively promote and protect the reputation of the census.
* Work with the central Media Relations Office to manage the census press office, media planning and engagement activity to help the public understand the objectives and benefits of the census and its role in society.
* Work with internal colleagues and external stakeholders to develop and implement PR and engagement activity across all available offline, digital and social channels.
* Using a 'test, measure, learn' approach, generate and develop insight into engaging an audience-specific set of PR and engagement communications.
* Ensure you're one of the 'census champions', actively promoting the successes and learnings of the PR and communications activity targeted at our 'easy to reach' and 'harder to reach' audiences across England and Wales.
* Have direct responsibility for developing and growing the reach, recall and relevance of all PR and engagement communications.
* Maintain an awareness of the news agenda and emerging news events for the census programme.
* Understand how to optimise audience reach through a mix of media channels, including news aggregators.
* Draft quality press releases, press packs and lines that conform to established processes.
* Hold internal media training sessions for census programme spokespeople.
* Work up ideas for stories that align with the census objectives, and support our KPIs in relation to reaching and engaging our easy to reach and hard to reach audiences.
* Conduct media monitoring to assess how effective our message is in reaching the target audience.
* Work with the census Social Media team to develop and publicise shareable content, amplifying any census consultations or positive coverage.
* Work with the head of engagement to create a toolkit for managing any challenging press coverage.
* Help develop a good working relationship with our new PR agency partners, ensuring budget and timing KPIs are met against implementation and campaign activity.
* Work with the Internal Communications team to recruit the rest of the organisation as brand and marketing advocates who understand and buy in to the challenges and values of the census.
* Develop relationships with colleagues across the organisation to ensure census activity benefits from insight and research and development, and contribute to the continual development of the division and cross-division working.
* Manage census resources efficiently.
* Ensure each PR campaign has clear metrics as agreed with the head of community engagement.
* Ensure community engagement and PR activity aligns with overall census campaign objectives and are achieving appropriate KPIs in line with programme goals, recommending and driving change as necessary.
Work with the head of marketing, head of campaigns and head of media to:
* launch the census brand in the media
* develop the PR campaign strategy and plan annual budget requirements
* establish a working relationship with the new PR Agency and develop ways of working between teams
* work through the key KPIs and build them into a milestone-based project plan that delivers the objectives of census
* work with the insight colleagues to develop a robust, audience-based communications plan using channel-specific messaging
* work with the census Campaigns team and Social Media team to plan and create an always-on social and press approach, that makes ONS and census relevant to people
* develop ways of working with ONS's central Media Relations team - particularly in relation to developing the toolkits necessary to handle reactive media events
* contribute to the process, system and sign-off requirements that are necessary to run a successful marketing team
* Demonstrable understanding of how print, broadcast and digital media work - including the media's cycle, circulation and deadlines.
* Proven experience within a results-orientated organisation in a PR position.
* Proven ability to develop and implement PR and engagement programmes that deliver demonstrable results.
* Experience working with reach and engagement methodology and reporting is of particular relevance.
* Large-scale, multi-channel, channel-agnostic PR experience is essential to this role.
* Having direct media and social experience would be highly advantageous.
* Experience of working in a matrix structure is essential.
* Demonstrable experience in multi-channel behavioural influencer campaigns.
* Experience with a services company (for example telecommunications, utilities, financial services, or leading government communications organisation) is preferred.
* CIPR Professional PR qualifications are highly desirable.
* Highly-dynamic individual used to operating in a very changeable, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and stretching targets.
* High degree of personal drive to succeed.
* Able to influence stakeholders, guiding them through any challenges to media and communications solutions that may be unfamiliar journey to them.
* Has existing media contacts who are engaged and motivated to understand the challenges that census faces.
* A degree of understanding and insight into the direction and latest trends with in the UK media landscape.
* Ability to deliver content and PR that engages as well as influences audiences to reconsider pre-conceived notions of what the census delivers, and why it's important and relevant to them as individuals.
* Ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment, with proven ability to project manage and achieve objectives.
* Positive outlook and engaging - someone who looks at a challenge as the next opportunity.
* Someone who puts their emphasis on helping the team succeed.
* Able to achieve success by influencing others.
An excellent salary and benefits package is available to the successful candidate.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77628086