Electro-Mechanical Project Engineer - Medical Devices - Permanent - Cheshire
SRG are working with a world leading Medical Device manufacturer who are looking for a permanent Project Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidate will be 70% mechanically biased with 30% electrical ability. A strong understanding of either; cables, heater mats, circuits, drive circuits, compressors is required alongside a mixture of design and product testing experience.
* Plan, organize and manage own workload and develop project plans.
* Lead and project manage a portfolio of engineering projects to investigate alternative technologies, production processes and sources of supply for reduced cost and/or improved quality and reliability.
* Identify critical performance characteristics within component and assemblies for existing product range.
* Generate verification protocols for components and assemblies to verify and validate alternative sources of products and processes.
* Develop procedures and protocols for testing components and low voltage assemblies.
* Generate detailed engineering documentation, drawings, procedures, protocols as required.
* Lead and drive multiple project and design reviews with peers.
* Implementation of agreed designs for release into manufacture, including component and High Level Assemblies designs.
* Support other areas of the business including production and servicing to resolve issues
* BS degree in Engineering, mechanical/electro-mechanical engineering or equivalent
* Alternatively significant experience of engineering design is required with a HNC/HND
* Knowledge, Skills and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
* Demonstrated track record in electro-mechanical design and development
* ProEngineer/Creo/Windchill experience
* Strong technical and analytical skills to prove and implement designs
* Best practice understanding and experience of motors, pumps, bearings, drives, heating sources and actuators.
* Design experience of machining, sheet metal, castings and injection mouldings, with a working knowledge and understanding of electro-mech assemblies (motors, cable assemblies, heating elements, compressors)
* Design for assembly and manufacturing skills
* Have an understanding of product design that may impact on EMC.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a highly regulated environment, with knowledge of FDA/ISO quality management systems and requirements
* Adherence with a stage gated project management system with ability to work independently and with teams on project plans
* Highly organised self-starter with initiative and strong analytical skills
* Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner, with good written skills
* Good interpersonal, organisational, project management and presentation skills with the ability to clearly present recommendations and ideas to summarise complex issues
* Good IT skills including MS Office applications and 3D CAD
Non-essential Hiring Criteria:
* Medical device or in-vitro diagnostics experience, if not similar/ highly regulated background
* Laboratory automation and consumables experience
* Verification and validation experience
If interested please send an updated CV or call 0161 868 2236 for more information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77645490