Temporary Marketing Assistant is required for the King's School
Part-Time / Term Time 22.5 hours per week
For further information and an application form APPLY NOW
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Marketing Assistant (Temporary)School:KSA / KSW / KH
MarketingReporting to:KSA Head / Director of Marketing and Communications
£12,343 per annum
(FTE £20,572 pa)Position Type:Part time / term time only, fixed term period for 6 months
22.5 hours per week, term time only on three days. The working day in term would be 8.15am-4.45pm with an hour's break for lunch. However, the distribution of the 22.5 hours could be flexible and can be discussed at interview.
Notice period:1 month
14th November 2017Closing date:27th November 2017
The King's School dates back to 1541, when it was re-founded on the orders of Henry VIII. It is one of England's leading academic day schools, and has two junior schools as part of its Foundation; it is co-educational throughout. There are approximately 960 pupils in the senior school, which is situated next to Worcester Cathedral and the River Severn.
King's St Alban's is adjacent to the main site and has approximately 200 pupils from age 4 to 11. It shares many of the facilities of the senior school. King's St Alban's celebrated its 60th anniversary in 2012.
King's Hawford is just north of Worcester in spacious grounds and currently has approximately 325 children from Kindergarten to Year 6. The school was acquired by King's in 1996.
The Marketing Assistant will be responsible to the Head of King's St Alban's and The Director of Marketing and Communications. S/he will be part of team of administrative staff at the school to include the Secretary and the Registrar and very much a part of a bigger team including administrative staff at King's Senior and King's Hawford. This temporary role is for a six month period.
The Marketing Assistant will establish her/himself as a friendly point of contact for parents of present and prospective pupils. S/he will demonstrate judgement and integrity in confidential dealings with parents, pupils and staff.
S/he will assist pupils, parents and teaching staff at King's St Alban's on a structured basis, as agreed with the Head. The following responsibilities, not themselves an exhaustive list, are amongst those which will fall to the holder of this post.
Role and Responsibilities
* Welcome visitors to the school and respond to enquiries as appropriate.
* Take a lead in maintaining the content of the website with a special emphasis on latest news, letters and any other current information
* Take a lead in managing the school's digital presence through latest news on the website, Twitter and Facebook in conjunction with the Head and other key staff.
* With the Registrar, prepare the weekly Newsletter by proofing copy, formatting and choosing relevant photographs.
* Assist in answering the telephone and emails including the preparation of individual letters and large mailshots.
* With the Head and Registrar, take an active role in marketing the school in terms of planning, implementing and assessing marketing initiatives.
* Circulate information in both paper and digital formats within the marketing strategy.
* Develop key contacts with local nurseries
* With the King's marketing department, be involved in the implementation of the marketing strategy.
* With the Head and Registrar, help to plan and co-ordinate open days and other key marketing events.
* Liaise with the marketing department at King's Senior and King's Hawford
* Liaise with the teaching staff and the Bursary as required
* Assist the Head and staff in general in the smooth running of the school
* Assist in organising and attending marketing meetings and events such as Entrance Testing Day and Open and Taster Days.
* Liaise with, and brief as necessary, printing / advertising / marketing companies engaged in school work.
* Complete and proofread copy for various publications.
* Manage the library of images to allow ease of access for marketing and other purposes
* Take a lead in supporting the holiday club in terms of its marketing and administration
Training will be provided as necessary as discussed with the Head at interview and induction.
The marketing assistant will be encouraged to develop the role in post.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Previous experience in a general administrative role is essential.
Experience in marketing is desirable but not essential.
* Strong accurate administration skills
* Excellent IT skills (including Word and Excel)
* Ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative
* A high level of confidentiality
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Willingness to learn
* Tact and diplomacy
* The ability to work as part of a team
* The ability to work proactively and with attention to detail
* The ability to prioritise daily workload
* Knowledge of design programmes
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and will be expected to adhere to all safeguarding, welfare and health and safety policies and procedures of the school.