Warehouse Systems Analyst
At Gregory Distribution Ltd (GDL), as a result of continued growth, we have a vacancy for a Warehouse Systems Analyst based at our Head Office in North Tawton. This is an exciting opportunity to make your own within the GDL business.
The position involves:
- Being a key member of a systems team implementing Warehouse Management System (WMS) software and process improvements across the business.
- Management of change/configuration requests for WMS.
- Review and approve new warehouse WMS requirements.
- Develop, review and enforce WMS standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Liaising with end users and consultants to achieve business requirements.
- Identifying system improvements by studying current practices and business processes, designing modifications and implementing potential system improvements.
- Being an expert in the functionality of our WMS.
- Designing training and user documentation for system enhancements.
- Develop system test scripts to be used during User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Lead unit, system, integration and volume testing.
- UAT of system enhancements and system releases via maintenance plan.
- Supporting WMS implementations.
- 3rd Line support with regards WMS to the IT Services Team.
Essential Skills required:
- Business Process driven, with experience of implementing systems to follow defined business processes.
- Experience of end user system training.
- Previous experience of Manhattan SCALE.
- Direct involvement/experience of WMS Project Implementations.
- Solid understanding and experience of all aspects of managing system changes.
- Experience of Business Process Documentation.
- Able to work within a fast-paced and sometimes pressurised operational environment.
- Strong analytical approach, able to question processes and identify potential improvements.
- Experience of UAT and testing against defined business scenarios.
- Strong Communication and people skills (verbal and written).
- Able to work under own direction and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of the Warehousing and Logistics industry is advantageous.
Why Gregory Distribution?
- Salary of between £30,000 and £35,000 Dependent on Experience.
- Based on 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday – 09:00am until 17:30pm.
- Excellent holiday allowance and company benefits.
- Pension and sickness scheme*
- Leading industry qualifications*
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Referral Scheme.
- Strong culture of team work.
Who we are?
With 23 sites across England, Wales and Scotland and over 1,900 employees, we offer a range of fulfilling jobs, unrivalled training, excellent pay, pension and a range of other benefits – plus you get to work with supportive colleagues who have a great team approach, whilst growing your career with one of the largest independent hauliers in the UK.
As our company continues to grow, so does the number of locations we operate in. Whilst we will have opportunities across the UK for Apprentices through to LGV Drivers, our main depots are located in North Tawton, Cullompton, Bristol, Plymouth, Shepton Mallet and Minworth.
So if you have the drive to be the best and want to be a part of a flourishing and ambitious company, apply now for this Vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77649573