Case Manager - Conveyancing - Bolton
Case Manager Conveyancing Department - permanent
We are looking to appoint a number of experienced conveyancing Case Managers who will work within the residential conveyancing environment running a caseload in order to complete files in line with client instructions.As well as being technically competent you will have the ability to take on a supervisory role in the team leader’s absence and be able to mentor / assist others within the team.
Keoghs are very proud to have successfully launched it’s Conveyancing department at our office in Horwich, Bolton.
Our Partner of Conveyancing has 30 years of experience in this area and has progressive growth plans over the next 18 months. If you have previous experience in this field of expertise then we’d like to hear from you.
Work within a residential conveyancing environment running a high caseload in order to pursue completion of files in line with client instruction to the commercial benefit of Keoghs.
•Responsible for managing a high caseload of freehold and leasehold transactions (circa 100+)
•Communicate, build and utilize relationships with clients, recommenders, conveyancers, agents and third parties in a professional and knowledgeable manner; including all methods of communication: in person, over the phone and written
•Processing and dealing with post
•Checking contract documentation, mortgage offers and search results
•Replying to complex legal enquiries and offering excellent customer service at all times
•Resolving complex and technical queries raised by team members and colleagues as well as third parties
•Understand and produce accurate financial statements
•Understand the ledgers within the case management system
•Dealing with exchange of contracts and completion of transactions
•Processing tasks such as:
o Conflict of Interest letters
o Care calls to the client regarding contract checks, mortgage reports and search results
o Replying to freehold and leasehold enquiries
• Daily task list management including prioritisation and managing deadlines
• Identifying, monitoring and achieving targets on a monthly basis by using Management Information reports
• Utilize Management Information reports for housekeeping of files
• Recognise potential risks and resolve issues without putting the client or business at risk
• Suggest improvements to current policies and procedures
• Work to and maintain Service Level Agreements
• Work well within the team, act as a role model for our Shared Behaviours.
• Quality check other team members work
• To ensure compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011 and The Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme
Essential Skills and experience
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Qualified Solicitor or equivalent, i.e. ILEX/Licensed Conveyancer. If not qualified, then suitable experience in a like for like role
• Excellent listening, verbal and written communication
• The ability to stand in for the team leader when they are absent
• Have prior experience of coaching and mentoring others
• Ability to prioritise work, keep to deadlines and work under pressure
• Used to working to agreed targets and service level agreements
• Ability to make decisions and delegate effectively
• Have the ability to communicate with people from all backgrounds and all levels regardless of their understanding of the subject
• Excellent problem solving and research skills
• High level of analytical and mathematical skills
• Exercise independent judgment to identify and take alternative courses of action without putting the client or business at risk
• Excellent IT skills
What we can offer you
• A learning culture with employee development at the heart of the people development pathway
• Excellent flexible benefits including Annual leave entitlement and Healthcare Cash Plan as standard
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for interest in this position and in our organisation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77647468