Chief IT Architect - home based with occasional travel
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.My major organisation are looking to recruit a Chief IT Architect who will lead the programme to develop, maintain and govern the enterprise architecture (EA) across the organisation. Responsible for defining the EA process and architecture review process, and for leading the integration of those processes with related business and IT processes.
Responsible for ensuring IT changes are architected and designed according to industry best practices.
· Lead the creation or evolution of the enterprise architecture function. Understand, advocate and
support the enterprise's IT strategies. Lead the development of an implementation plan for the
enterprise architecture based on business requirements and IT strategies. Oversee EA implementation and continuing refinement activities.
· Maintain an enterprise architecture model including transition states from current states through
to final state architectures, which will include high level integration models and enterprise logical
· Lead the identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers to derive useful business
context. Lead analysis of the current IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend
solutions for improvement. Lead analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine
their potential impact on the enterprise architecture.
· Promote the EA process, outcomes and results to the organisation, including the enterprise's IT
and business leaders. Lead and facilitate the creation of governing principles to guide EA decision
making. Oversee the evaluation and selection of EA standards.
· Ensure the optimal governance structure and compliance activities are associated with EA
compliance.KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR ROLE
Applicants should demonstrate the following:
· Qualifications - Degree qualified and relevant professional qualification and experience (e.g.
computer science, systems analysis)
· Experience - Substantial experience in an IT discipline such as application development,
information analysis or database management. Significant experience in technical architecture,
business analysis or strategic planning, including stakeholder management. Exposure to multiple,
diverse technologies and processing environment.
· Training - Certification in TOGAF or Zachman architecture frameworks.
· Skills - Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture. Knowledge of business reengineering principles and processes. Familiarity with basic graphical modelling approaches, tools
and model repositories.
· Analytical Thinking - Ability to comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
Effective at acquiring an understanding of a problem or situation, and developing an approach to
interacting with the situation.
· Strategic Perspective - Needs to keep overall objectives and strategies in mind, and not be
deflected by matters of detail. Ability to estimate the financial impact of EA alternatives.
· Stress Handling - Retaining objectivity and proper understanding of a problem or situation when
placed under conditions of stressPlease send me your CV if interested and a suitable time to give you a ring.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77652466