Credit Controller Clerk
Robert half finance and Accounting are teaming up with a market leading global real estate company to find a productive and passionate credit control clerk. The ideal candidate will be ambitious, eager and driven by hitting deadlines. These offices are based in central London and they looking for someone who can commit to a two month contract.
Roles and responsibilities of a credit controller clerk include:
- Allocate cash received to the correct account on a daily basis
- Preparation of weekly and monthly reports, which add value and help make sure cash collection/ allocation issues are resolved
- Raising the profile of payment issues whenever necessary and ensuring that actions taken are appropriate
- Covering cash accounting duties in the absence of colleagues e.g. other Credit Controllers or Cashier
- Set up customer accounts on receipt of correctly approved OP60 and variations to customer account details are updated within 2 working days or before next billing activity, whichever is the earlier
- Build relationships with customer's finance departments to ensure continuity and communication of problems
- Work closely with Business Unit and Contract teams to agree the correct communication and reporting lines to the Customers, leaving ownership and accountability with the Contracts, but providing value adding support to proactively influence outcomes
- Build effective communication lines with direct line manager, indirect line manager, other Credit Controllers and Cashier
- Work enthusiastically with direct and indirect line managers, fellow Credit Controllers and Cashier to continually improve credit control support to the business, working as a team to cover each other and share ideas
- Engage with Business Unit and Contract teams to ensure specialist credit control expertise and Contract innovation is shared amongst all contracts
Knowledge and Skills
- Previous credit control experience, preferred, but not essential, with proven success in improving working capital tied up in debtors.
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Tenacious character who will carry through initiatives and stick with problem accounts until they are cleared
- Computer literate with good excel skills and experience of accounting systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The role will be paying £15 PAYE plus holiday pay. Please submit your CV to Robert Half Finance & Accounting if you are immediately available, live in london or surrounding areas and have the above credit controller clerk experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following ******************************************-statement
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959530703