Firmware Engineer - Embedded C
Firmware Engineer - Embedded C
Firmware Engineer - Embedded C: Would you like to join a company whose technology is responsible for revolutionising the way we power our consumer electronic and automotive products?
Firmware Engineer - Embedded C Key Responsibilities
* Apply embedded controls firmware engineering expertise to lead the design and development of commercial products for use in applications ranging from small portable power devices to motive and industrial power systems.
* Technical delivery of tasks and projects, the successful candidate will lead and deliver embedded control firmware for systems and system components from early prototypes to high volume commercial products, designing firmware from low level drivers to control architectures and operating systems.
* Ensure the optimisation of products in the areas of performance, efficiency, durability and reliability and deliver software that follows a robust design, development and validation process, with appropriate use of the firmware toolchain and supporting development tools, including version control and configuration management.
* Development of specifications from commercial and technical requirements and collaboration with other functional teams including electronics and systems engineering.
* Develop interfaces to systems to facilitate debug and analysis and conduct hands on test, validation and debug of system firmware on the target product to facilitate development and understanding of systems in a real-world environment.
Firmware Engineer - Embedded C Skills and Experience
* BEng, BSc (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, or possess a relevant non-degree level qualification alongside suitable industrial experience.
* 10 years of relevant industrial experience post completion of your degree.
* Demonstrate a proven track record of developing and delivering products, systems and system components and will have demonstrable experience of interfacing embedded control with real world hardware through sensors and actuators using a variety of protocols including I2C, SPI, CAN and USB.
* Expertise in typical firmware development tools including IDE, version control, change management and documentation is vital, alongside the ability to coach and develop less experienced engineers to build their technical competence.
* Commercial mindset and the ability to work with a flexible and solutions focused approach, in an agile and fast paced environment.
* Able to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team alongside both technical and non-technical colleagues.
* Membership of a relevant professional body, with chartered engineer status, as is evidence of technical and/or leadership development.
The company offer:
* Competitive salary
* Pension scheme
* Private Healthcare
* Life Cover
* 25 days holiday per year plus public holidays
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to perform to the highest level in this position then please apply online today to Steve!!!!!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77648094