Regional Credit Manager
Credit manage a portfolio of clients across the Midlands for a large blue chip Organisation. Up to £40,000.
Hays Credit Management in Birmingham is exclusively supporting a large corporate in its search to find an experienced credit professional to manage the risk of a large portfolio of clients. Within the role you will be integral part between sales, customer relations and the credit collection team.
Your new role
In your new role you will manage the Midlands region, looking after a portfolio of allocated high risk customers including a number of FTSE 100 companies, medium sized LTD companies and sole traders. Through pro active risk assessment you will set, approve and reject credit requests in order to maximise potential trading opportunities whilst minimising the risk for all company operations.
- Control and review of portfolio of allocated regional customer credit limits.
- Undertake customer visits to support credit reviews, or as directed by the regions sales or finance director.
- Proactively secure good market intelligence that can support the national credit team and minimise the risk to sales.
- Weekly reporting on the monitoring of debt exposure versus agreed limits.
- Maintain strong communication at all times internally with the Uk's Credit Manager team, operations, sales and finance departments. Also regular contact with the production team is required to best understand the industry and the products provided.
What you'll need to succeed
- CICM qualification is desired but not essential
- 5 years+ experience within Credit function ideally management.
- Previous experience analysing Credit risk is desired
- Strong understanding of ERP systems, SAP desirable.
- Good Excel skills (pivot tables,vlookups and formulas)
What you'll get in return
- Very competitive salary
- Company car and annual bonus
- 23 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays.
- Training and development, with annual seminars to attend with changes in the industry, litigation and Credit risk related topics.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77653013