Assistant Merchandise Planner - Home
The GM Home Commercial Product Team is a team of customer insight and strategy analysts, trade planning, web trading, buying and merchandising teams.
Whilst working extremely closely with the buying team, merchandising is about planning and developing a strategy to enable Tesco to sell a range of products that delivers the sales and profit targets, whilst managing stock levels in line with targets. It's often explained as getting the right product, in the right place, at the right time, with the right quantities at the right price.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
- Providing merchandising support to keep the department running smoothly, preparing analysis for my manager (incl. Monday trade analysis).
- Building strong relationships and working collaboratively with the Bengaluru Merchandising team, Trade Planning, Web trading, Customer proposition, suppliers and the buying team.
- Collating and share insight so I can understand what our customers want and markets trends.
- Helping build balanced ranges for our department that help meet sales, stock and profit targets.
- Stock management including; order management, critical paths, line projections and ensuring our ranging databases are accurate.
- Managing critical paths and launch trackers to ensure product availability and support new launches and events.
- Producing line flows which helps your manager track sales, margin and stock.
- Preparing analysis which helps your manager to manage risk, suggesting stock and markdown management opportunities.
- Scheduling and implementing promotions and markdowns across all channels and regions.
- Working collaboratively with the Bengaluru Merchandising team and Stock and Flow to manage replenishment issues, ensuring we meet our stock and availability targets.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Ability to take data and produce analysis to support the development of the departmental strategy.
- Has a strong ability in the use of maths for retail and applies it accurately.
- Uses knowledge of the product life cycle to plan future seasons' forecasts and utilises this knowledge whilst re-forecasting and taking appropriate actions.
- Has a good level of skill in excel and knowledge of line level forecasting tools.
- Demonstrates good influencing skills and builds strong relationships.
- Commercial awareness - Uses competitor and customer insight to shape and define future business strategies.
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter.
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77629248