Senior SOC Analyst
Role: Senior SOC Analyst
Clearance: SC / DV ideal, MUST be eligible
CND are partnering a market leading organisation looking for Senior SOC Analysts to join their Security Operations Centre in Bristol. You will be responsible for analysing network, application and system log events in order to identify any potentially abnormal system behaviours and raise them as incidents for investigation.
As a Senior SOC Analyst, you will be expected to hit the ground running on arrival. Amongst other duties, you will be expected to mentor and train passionate Junior Analysts. You will have at least 2 years of SOC experience, along with industry certifications as well.
- Maintain keen understanding of evolving Internet threats to ensure the security of client networks
- Write technical articles for internal knowledge base
- Participate in knowledge sharing with other analysts and develop solutions efficiently
- Coordinate or participate in individual or team projects
- Perform other essential duties as assigned
- Mentoring / coaching Junior Analysts
Skills, Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Industry Leading Qualifications such as:
- SANS GIAC GCIA
- SANS GIAC GCIH
- Comfortable with monitoring, tuning, configuring and rule writing on SIEM tools (ArcSight and LogRhythm preferable, though equivalent products will suffice)
- Very capable with IDS/IPS Systems, ie tuning and rule writing (FireEye/Snort)
- Extremely competent with network monitoring and packet analysis tools (WireShark/NMap)
- An understanding of Information Security; relating to the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of information
- Significant experience with TCP/IP, Linux, UNIX, Windows, IP Routing
- Software engineering, programming or scripting knowledge. Java, .Net
- Experience of mentoring or coaching members of a team
Candidates must hold valid UK Security Clearance or be able to attain the level of Clearance specified.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability, salary requirements and availability .
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
CND Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.