2ND LINE SUPPORT ENGINEER
My client, a Professional Services Company based in Central Bristol with close proximity to excellent transport links are looking to hire a seasoned/experienced 2nd Line Support Consultant/Engineer. This is a superb opportunity to join an established team and work for a fantastic company who really put their staff first and offer a very rewarding salary and benefits package, great working environment and a great work life balance.
The role will be delivering 2nd line technical support to the user base to include analysis, diagnosis and resolution of hardware and software issues either reported directly or escalated from the Helpdesk. Part of the role will be supporting with IT related project work.
- Work with suppliers to analyse and correct any system and application issues (which may be escalated from the Helpdesk) ensuring that a response is received and the necessary corrective action is taken within the contractual time period.
- Set relevant permissions to ensure that users only access permissible areas of the IT systems related to their particular job role.
- Responsible for providing direct support to end-users of the company's products and services, taking full responsibility for all issues logged and ensuring they are resolved/investigated within established guidelines.
- Where required conduct detailed troubleshooting into problems which are reported.
- Ensure that all IT systems and applications are correctly installed, configured and components kept up to date where applicable
- Report IT security concerns, actions and solutions to the Head of IT.
- Ensure incidents are logged and investigated according to the company's guidelines.
- Escalate where necessary to internal and external parties
- Manage time effectively to ensure enough time is given to investigate problems.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the company's products and services
- Create end-user documentation where required.
- Assist the Head of IT as and when required with IT related projects.
- IT support/systems administration/system support background to a 2nd line support level
- Strong experience of supporting network, server and desktop environments
- Good Knowledge of Cloud Systems (Azure AD, Office 365, AAD sync)
- Good understanding of Windows 7 /10
- Experience across Windows Server 2003 through to 2012
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP.
- Server and Desktop patching using WSUS
- Strong experience managing virtualized environments (VMware)
- SQL Server and Exchange
- Network troubleshooting
- Excellent customer service skills
This role will only suit an experienced 2nd Line Support engineer who has extensive Microsoft experience.
If you consider yourself to be suitable for this role and you are looking to make that next progressive step within your career then I would like to hear from you. Please apply with your updated CV as soon as possible and I will aim to call successful applicants back within 24 hours.
Thank you for reading this advertisement.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959548830