Multi Skilled Engineer - Maintenance - York
Catch 22 are working with one of the UK's leading Facilities Management Maintenance Contractors on one of York's flagship educational establishments. We're seeking to recruit an experience maintenance professional for a full time, permanent role someone that can cover all aspects of building services and electrical maintenance to the highest possible standard.
Ideally, candidates will be genuinely multi skilled qualified to work on HVAC and Electrical plant and equipment throughout the educational facility. We appreciate that Gas Safe Registration, FGAS and Electrical qualifications might be a tall order but if you have sufficient experience across HVAC and Electrical Maintenance we would love to hear from you.
- The multi skilled maintenance engineer will provide planned preventative and reactive maintenance services in a multi purpose education and training environment; covering all aspects of the HVAC and electrical plant, systems and equipment.
- A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic mathematical skills
- Recognised electrical qualifications
- ACS Commercial & Industrial Gas Safety Approved
- Recognised F-Gas qualifications
- C&G Legionella & L8 Water Hygiene Awareness
- Knowledge of other building services an advantage.
- Working to Planned Preventative Maintenance Regimes,
- Installation of electrical services, Fault finding on electrical circuits, Knowledge of lone working requirements, Risk Assessment trained
- IT skills Microsoft outlook, word and excel
- Experience of general Building Management Systems
- Electrical Testing to BS7671
- Good verbal communication skills at all levels,
- Good written English skills,
- Able to acquire and maintain sufficient knowledge of a buildings operation and services.
- Able to work outside of discipline.
- Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
- The ability to liaise directly with client FM managers and action their requirements to agreed standards
- Able to work under pressure and own initiative
- Able to make sound decisions when needed
- Physically fit and able to carry tools and components by hand up to 20kg,
- Able to ascend / descend vertical access equipment,
- Able to work at height.
- Must live local to York (half hour commute)
- Must be flexible regarding working hours,
- Driving Licence essential
- DBS clearance (enhanced) required
- We are open minded on salary levels (will be subject to your level of experience and qualifications) and would expect the local average for a similar position to range between £28,000 and £34,000 per annum.
- As one of the UK's largest engineering employers, our client will provide a comprehensive benefits package and support structure.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77621809