Senior Internal Communications Officer - Intranet and New Media
Senior Internal Communications Officer - Intranet & New Media
Leeds Building Society is looking for a Senior Internal Communications Officer - Intranet and New Media to join our Corporate Communications department, based at our Head Office in the heart of Leeds city centre.
About the role
The Senior Internal Communications Officer - Intranet and New Media will help deliver and develop the Society's Internal Communications (IC) Strategy, to provide IC advice and support, and to deliver high quality effective communications to colleagues to engage them in delivering the Society's Vision, Strategy and Corporate Objectives.
- To work in line with the Society's Internal Communication Strategy, objectives and processes to provide high quality, effective internal communication to colleagues.
- Lead responsibility for managing, updating and developing the Society's Intranet. Provide advice, guidance and support to the wider business in relation to departmental/project intranet presence. Deliver training to relevant colleagues, empowering them to act as administrators. Manage relationship with supplier as appropriate.
- To provide IC advice and support to Society projects and campaigns, applying Society-wide processes with consistency and to agreed standards to deliver effective internal communications, either as IC lead or as part of wider IC team.
- Working with IC Manager, deliver the Society's Annual Results Roadshows and Marketplace, attended by all colleagues, within scope and budget. Responsible for proactively planning the event, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, producing print and digital collateral including presentation content, managing attendance and acting as key contact before, during and after delivery.
- Commissioning, filming and editing of IC videos, including Chief Executive monthly update and Annual Results Roadshows. Provide video support to various projects/internal initiatives as required, and drive creative development of in-house videos. Training provided if required.
- Support production of the colleague magazine, including drafting articles when project IC lead.
- Copy writing, design and layout as required, including posters, flyers, screensavers, some print collateral, in line with Brand and tone of voice guidelines.
Skills and Experience
- Internal communications qualification or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development and awareness of good practice.
- Intranet and digital media development and management
- Event management experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use: Adobe Designer suite, HTML/ web authoring, video editing software, Plain English/Crystal Clear, content management systems. Training could be provided for specific programmes.
- Editorial/writing skills and high standard of written English for print and intranet
- Experience of brand guidelines and tone of voice
- Video creation and production
- Analytical skills.
- Project and budget management experience.
Benefits and Rewards
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance related bonus scheme
- 26 days annual holiday
- Annual holiday purchase scheme
- Annual volunteering day
- Exclusive colleague mortgage deals
- Leeds Colleague Association scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle flex scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
- Life assurance
- Long service awards
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance scheme
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Travel ticket loans - bus and train
- Best Companies accreditation
We see all colleagues as key to our success. Life at Leeds Building Society is both challenging and rewarding and we provide a wide range of training and development opportunities to help you build a successful career with us.
About Leeds Building Society
We are the 5th biggest building society in the UK with more than140 years of experience and we have every intention of getting better and better. We are totally committed to do what we were set up to do - to help people save money and to buy their own home.
We've won a whole host of awards over the years, which reflect how we have focused on our customer service. We've also worked hard to develop a product range to try to meet our members' needs, and have worked with numerous local communities and chosen charities.
We're not a bank - we're a mutual, which means we're owned by our members and are run exclusively in their best interests.
- Click "Please Apply" below.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959537932