Software Support Engineer
MaidSafe has created the SAFE (Secure Access For Everyone) Network, an open source, fully autonomous data network made possible by efficiently combining the unused hard drive space, CPU, power and bandwidth of its users. It is a global network without servers that has the potential to revolutionise the existing Internet, and we are looking for engaging individuals to join our team.
As the roll out of the SAFE Network continues through a series of test networks, the successful candidate will take a very pro active approach toward community engagement and assist a very active and enthusiastic international community of testers. This exciting new opportunity is well suited to candidates who enjoy interacting with people, identifying customer issues and delivering solutions quickly. We?re looking for an individual who is excited by the idea of working in a dynamic work environment to create a great software experience for our customers.
Roles and responsibilities
- Set up and run the user support function to aid an international community of users as they test and run the SAFE Network software.
- Provide support to diagnose and troubleshoot issues that arise from our users.
- Troubleshoot problems in real-time, interacting with users and the development team to deliver rapid support.
- Gather and collate feedback from the test networks to provide reports for both the development and management team.
- Proactive in communicating and interacting with our international community of testers.
- Build strong relationships with our international community of testers.
Skills and experience
- The ability to understand complex new technologies and software quickly.
- Must enjoy the challenge of troubleshooting and be able to provide technical support/solutions.
- Experience and/or a keen interest in early stage and/or decentralised technologies is strongly preferred
- Understanding of software development processes.
- We expect the team to expand and therefore the ability to lead and grow an effective team is essential.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive salary.
- Company pension scheme.
- Employee benefit trust.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Please send a personalised cover letter detailing why you are suitable for the position along with a copy of your CV (both in PDF format only).
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959539499