Location; Aldwych, London
Salary; £Competitive + bonus & excellent benefits
We are looking for a motivated and experienced SRE/DevOps Engineer to join our team in a challenging, evolving environment.
What you'll be doing
- Working in the SRE team engaging with product teams to deliver, implement and support highly available tools and services and to assist with operational and development tasks
- Embrace and contribute to our foundation services for automating, building and maintaining our product infrastructure in AWS
- Partner with the development teams to manage entire product lifecycle from inception to production
- Use and improve existing tools and services to automate development, build, test, release, deployment, scaling and security of internal and external products
- Required skills
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be
- Solid and demonstrable experience of SysAdmin/Operations/DevOps/SRE experience
- Experienced in *nix especially open source Linux distributions such as Ubuntu
- Excellent knowledge of AWS including designing, automating and running production workloads
- Experience with configuration management tools e.g. CloudFormation and Puppet
- Proficient with scripting languages such as bash, python
- Comfortable writing tools and other software with any language but especially java, python or ruby
Other desirable experience
- Experience building, automating and supporting high volume, high traffic services
- Experience of NoSQL - ideally Cassandra and DynamoDB
- Experience with CI/CD concepts and systems
- Good understanding of network security, firewalls, ACL's and IDS
- Knowledge of user management systems integration e.g. AD, LDAP, OAuth, IAM
- Experience with embedded devices, firmware optimisation, custom kernels, zigbee or similar network technology
- Passionate about good software; active contribution to open source or personal projects on Github
- Easy to work with; open, honest, and good sense of humor
- Upbeat and optimistic; comfortable celebrating failure when it leads to learning and iteration.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. Centrica operates a preferred supplier list and when required, will source candidates through these agencies
Salary: £Competitive + bonus & excellent benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77627886