A varied Finance Assistant / Accounts Assistant role, to work as part of a small team of 4 in Finance, reporting to the Finance Manager. This role could suit someone who is looking to progress on to a Finance manager role one day, OR, someone who is happy to stay at the Finance Assistant level.
A friendly, medium sized business, with a great work life balance (see hours below) based in the W. Byfleet area, with free parking provided, and just a short walk from W. Byfleet train station
Hours; Mon - Thurs 8am - 4:30pm, Fri 8am - 1pm
The Finance Assistant / Accounts Assistant role involves:
- Monitor the company's bank & invoice discounting accounts daily - update the Cashflow Forecast accordingly. Drawdown invoice discounting funds as and when required.
- Distribute Daily Sales Graph
- Cover sales invoicing on Mondays & Fridays, plus holiday, sickness, etc.
- Produce Weekly Overtime Report & Graph
Assist with Month/Year End Close and Management Accounts, including; Stock & Work-in-Progress, Accruals & Prepayments, KPI Reports & Graphs, post GL Journals
- Provide cover and assist with the Purchase Ledger as and when required
- To maintain the Asset Register & HP Schedule
- To maintain the vehicle fleet records
- To maintain the Contracts Register
To complete the monthly EC Sales List, Supplementary Declaration, Quarterly VAT Return and other statutory reporting
- Assisting with Credit Control and resolving sales invoicing queries
- Petty Cash
- Credit Cards & Dart Charge Account
To reconcile on a monthly basis: -
- Bank Accounts
- Invoice Discounting Current Accounts
- Purchase Ledger Control Account
- Sales Ledger Control Account & Invoice Discounting Statement
- Wages Control Accounts
- PAYE & NIC Control Accounts
- Pension Control Accounts
To provide general clerical assistance to the Finance Manager & directors and holiday cover within the department as and when required.
The ideal candidate for the Finance Assistant / Accounts Assistant role will;
- have worked in a similar role previously, and have 'all round' Accounts experience
- be looking for a stable, local role
- prefer working for a small - medium sized business, part of a small Finance team of 4
- ideally have foreign currency experience
- have intermediate excel skills
The Finance Assistant / Accounts Assistant role can pay between £20-23,000 (possibly up to £25,000 for the right candidate) plus benefits including a 1pm finish on a Friday!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77648258