Control System Engineer
Control System Engineer
Reporting to the UK Director of Engineering this role is to create PLC and servo / motion control systems in a multi-tasking environment, including BASIC programming in real time applications, preferably with high speed machinery. Actively engages in our Lean journey by seeking, encouraging and acting on continuous improvement and developmental opportunities. Acts as a self-service coach to help team members learn, grow and help themselves when the opportunities present themselves. Works as part of the engineering team in align with the Guiding Principles of Leadership, Living legacy of leadership and Our Vision of Service.
- Working closely with engineering team members, including mechanical and electrical engineers, project managers, and assemblers to develop a thorough understanding of the companies? equipment and functionality.
- Plan and organise daily work schedule in line with production schedule and customer delivery dates.
- Write, modify and create software to perform the machine functionality as detailed in the customers specification or set via the project team.
- Document code in a thorough and technical manner.
- Assisting in the continued improvement and development of machine control systems including the integration of Human Machine Interface?s (HMI?s) and servo motion control and PLC systems.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplined project team, assuming a lead role where appropriate.
- Assisting or leading the specification and configuration of the packaging system.
- Act as lead engineer, where appropriate, including all customer liaison.
- Assisting in the writing of technical manuals, FDS, IQ,OQ and software specifications including where appropriate the writing of training notes and procedures.
- Assisting where appropriate in the quotation and proposal stage of specific project requirements.
- Ensuring that all designs are compliant with all relevant legislation and requirements, in particular the CE machinery directive.
- Attend customer premises when required to assist with the project management, specification, installation, commissioning and the training of customers personnel with respect to machine control systems.
- Working to ISO 9001 hardware and software design procedures
- Cross-check final documents to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- To take on any other tasks within the engineering team as required, that are appropriate to your level of skill, training &/or experience.
- Programming servo / motion control systems in a multi-tasking environment. BASIC programming in real time applications. Practical real time application exposure, preferably with high speed machinery. Programming of current PLC platforms from Rockwell and Siemens.
- 2-5 years programming experience within a machine manufacturing/automation environment.
- Rockwell PLC, Micrologix, CompactLogix, ControlLogix inc Servo Motion and all associated HMI?s
- Siemens PLC S7-200, S7-300, S7-1200, S7-1500 and associated HMI?s
- Motion Control Systems ? e.g. Trio, Baldor, ABB, B&R
- PackML or Power Programming an advantage
- Engineering Degree / HND educated
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959545537