Want to work in a fast paced start-up environment that prides itself on its collaborative and innovative approaches to software product development? Harnessing the best of cloud technologies, DevOps/Agile methodologies and a Tech-First mindset, this start-up are a unique proposition within the Belfast tech space. Developing the best in class SaaS applications for the cloud, we are looking for a Java Developer/Technologist to join our Digital Development team.
Working directly with the CTO the Java Developer/Technologies will sunset an existing technical product (over a fixed timescale) while helping shape, build and influence our new products. This is a great opportunity to understand the existing technical landscape while also shaping the future. We see this as a key role that will grow into the product lead and as such you will ensure that what you produce is always to the highest quality. You will be passionate about software development, what can be achieved and what will make our customers happy.
You will get the opportunity to embrace the latest technologies and approaches from a supportive and collaborative local environment. This is a role that would suit someone who has two to four years' experience building web based products on the Java stack and who wants to take their career to the next level.
- 2 to 4 years' experience working of developing in web applications using Java EE technologies
- Experience of the Spring Framework
- Experience with RESTful and SOAP-based services
- Application Servers like Apache/Tomcat,
- Confidence and experience in a web/cloud software product based environment
- Experience of working with SQL databases and PostgreSQL in particular
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies and practices
- Experience of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Configuring and maintaining web servers
- Experience of Source Control (SVN/GIT)
- A passion for technology
- Drive and ambition to continuously learn
- A passion for product, quality and customers
- A self-starter who takes ownership of their work and delivers to expectations
- A positive outlook and appetite for adventure
The following skills and experience would be advantageous
- Experience of working in a StartUp and has a passion for fast paced environments
- Experience of DevOps environment and culture
- Exposure to Unit Testing frameworks (e.g JUnit or Mockito)
- Cloud deployment using AWS and Azure
- CI experience with Jenkins
- Open Source licensing awareness
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years' experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI's most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77651706